Mediterranean food is one of my all time favorite ethnic cuisines.  I love everything about it, from baba ganoush to kebabs and everything in between.  My obsession is so real that I consider myself to be a modern day falafelser ;) (haha I hate myself).  

Katie Schuster

My hometown spoiled me by having some of the best Mediterranean restaurants in the food game.  (This one is my personal favorite.)  So, ever since I made the move to Fayetteville I've been on the prowl for some dope Mediterranean food.

On October 8, 2016, a day that will go down in history, my hunt was over.  For on that blessed day, I ate lunch at Tangier's Mediterranean Food & Cafe, and it had me feelin' some type of way.

beer, wine, coffee, tea
Natali Hall

My lunch experience at Tangier's was one for the history books folks.  It is tucked away in one of the many shopping centers on College, and is the epitome of a 'hole in the wall.'  And although the atmosphere of Tangier's is nothing to brag about, the food is another story. 

pizza, beer
Natali Hall

I started off with the Sampler appetizer, and everything was out of this world.  The hummus was topped with some fresh olives that took it to a whole other level of goodness.  When I bit into the falafel, actual tears began to form because I was so overwhelmed by their perfection.  And the grape leaves were legit the best I've ever had. 

vegetable, dairy product, meat
Katie Schuster

Since the appetizer was such a knockout, I had some pretty high expectations going into the main course.  And let me tell y'all, the Spicy Gyro Pita Sandwich exceeded all of my wildest dreams.

avocado
Katie Schuster

The combination of the perfectly seasoned gyro meat and the spicy tzatziki sauce is killer!!  If you're a bit of a wimp when it comes to spice I definitely would not recommend making your gyro spicy, cause the spicy tzatziki packs some deliciously serious heat!! Here's an actual pic of me eating this glorious meal!!!

Katie Schuster

If it isn't obvious, I'm high-key obsessed with Tangier's Mediterranean Food & Cafe.  I'd argue that it is the place to go for Mediterranean food in NWA.  If you share my love of Mediterranean cuisine, go check this hidden gem out, like now!