In case you couldn't tell from the description, I love acai, and the greatest acai I've had during my time in San Diego is at the Mad Beet in Pacific Beach. What saddens me is that not many people (at least not a lot of students at USD), know about it. So Tragic. 

Super Great Location

The Mad Beet is located down in Pacific Beach close to the pier and actual beach. Perfect if you want to eat some acai and take a nice lil stroll or even munch on the beach. Very relaxing. 10/10. Great time. Maybe even make a cute lil date out of it.

milk, chocolate, berry, parfait, ice, yogurt, strawberry
Emily Rembecki

The only thing I would complain about location wise, is that it's about a 10-15 minute drive from USD's campus, and I don't have a car. Once or twice I've been desperate and spent $20 on an uber just for some acai; so I just ended up shopping at a few stores in PB and walked to down the beach after to make a fun trip out of it.

ice, cream, berry, strawberry
Emily Rembecki

The Menu

Okay. I'm not going to lie to you. I pretty much order the same combination of acai when I go despite the myriad of options offered. The menu is huge and every item is named after some sort of musical artist or band. It's so unique and cute. 

Even with the punny names of all the menu items, this juice bar is always always playing super sick music from pretty much every genre. Good vibes for sure.

wine, coffee, beer
Emily Rembecki

They've got acai or pitaya bowls, wraps, smoothies, juices etc. I'm not a smoothie or a wrap kind of person, but my friends have gotten smoothies and wraps before. They absolutely loved them. Healthy is kind of the Mad Beet's thing, so you're never left feeling guilty about what you order.

Their bowls and smoothies come in either 32 oz. or 16 oz. containers. The 32 oz. is pretty darn big if you are getting acai, so I recommend you share it with a friend. If you aren't lying to yourself and are fully willing to admit that you could eat an entire 2-pound bowl of acai. Go for it. I shamelessly do it all the time.

coffee, beer
Emily Rembecki

What I've Gotten

So I guess you're wondering what I've actually tried and I'm going to describe it to you in delicious detail. 

1. The Acai-Wol Nation:

This is your classic acai bowl, topped with granola, bananas, blueberries, and strawberries. Always good when you just want some o.g. acai.

dairy product, yogurt, cream, milk, sweet, berry
Emily Rembecki

2. The Beyoncai:

This bowl is basically your classic bowl, but with an added scoop of peanut butter and no blueberries. The peanut butter may sound a little weird, but it adds a really creamy rich taste to the fruity bowl. 

berry, sweet, strawberry
Emily Rembecki

3. Twopac Shakur:

This bowl is composed of half acai, half pitaya. I thought it might taste weird, mixing the two, but it was actually really good. This was also topped with bananas, strawberries, and blueberries. SOOOO YUMMY.

berry, chocolate, cream, strawberry, blueberry, cake
Emily Rembecki

I hope you enjoyed reading this little article about the Mad Beet. I really encourage you to head down to PB and try it for yourself. If you are totally inspired and want to drive down there, just lmk and maybe I can hitch a ride if I can't bring my own car to school again next semester.