Located down Route 30 in the heart of Malvern, PA lies Malvern Buttery – a bakery and café that serves up artisan goods with homemade jams and jellies for breakfast and lunch. It’s a pick-me-up on a cloudy day where the latté art comes at no extra charge. Here’s the lowdown on why the buttery is a place that draws people from all over Chester County:

Locally-sourced ingredients

Malvern

Photo by Rebecca Poole

Known for supporting the local businesses that frequent Malvern Buttery themselves, this spot puts care into what they serve. Their crispy loaves take over 24 hours to get just right – using organic flour (which is reassuring following the E. Coli outbreak) and milled, local grains. Pair a slice with their homemade Spicy Mexican Chicken Soup for a satisfying bite.

Community atmosphere

Malvern

Photo courtesy of @malvernbuttery on Instagram

Couches, tables, and benches oh my! The set-up here is meant for a truly relaxing break in your day. With fairy lights dangling and tables stacked with books, it has the coffeehouse vibes with a lively atmosphere. Chat with the people sitting across from you as you sip a cappuccino, because this is not a 2-person table kind of place.

One-of-a-kind menu

Malvern

Photo by Rebecca Poole

Since everything is locally sourced or homemade, the menu is hard to beat. After picking a spot to sit, you grab a board from the array of goods and help yourself to soup & a sandwich, a scone with jam, flourless cake, or all of the above because it’s too picturesque not to.

The location

Malvern

Photo by Rebecca Poole

Farmers markets on the weekends, The Flying Pig Saloon for a craft beer, and Gingy’s Boutique for a new dress makes this town one to envy. Stumbling upon Malvern Buttery and having a fresh out-of-the-oven scone while soaking up some sun in their outdoor seating area gives you an excuse to just take the day off.

The Buttery may be a local favorite, but no matter how far away you are, it’s worth the drive for that first sip of coffee alone.