Kungfutea, the newest bubble tea addition to West Lafayette, is right in between Happy Nails and Radio Shack, and has been attracting many customers since its opening.

Kungfutea is a franchise that is most popular on the east coast, especially in New York City, so it was surprising to many that the establishment set up shop here in West Lafayette, Indiana. They specialize in making milk teas with popular add-ins such as boba, grass jelly, gummy jelly, egg pudding, and more. Kungfutea also serves appetizers including takoyaki, popcorn chicken, and potstickers. Below are Kungfutea’s 5 most popular drinks you should definitely try on your first visit:

1. Kungfu Milk Tea with Boba

boba

Photo by Jane Yeo

The most popular milk tea is KF Milk Tea, which is a dairy-based drink mixed with black tea. Adding boba is the way to go, and it’ll give your drink a chewy twist. If you’re a traditional bubble tea drinker who isn’t a fan of all the fun flavors and add-ins, I’d say go for this one. It never fails to disappoint.

2. Oolong Milk Tea with Boba

boba

Photo by Jane Yeo

Oolong tea is a traditional Chinese tea that hits the spot when prepared as a milk tea. It’s herby aroma and taste will leave you refreshed hours after you’ve finished downing sipping this tea with your friends.

#SpoonTip: If you want to make this drink even more refreshing, order this Oolong Milk Tea with grass jelly. 

3. Oreo Milk Tea

boba

Photo by Jane Yeo

What? Oreo milk tea? If you love Oreo’s, then this is the drink for you. There are crushed Oreo’s drenched in this milk tea, and it gives that extra crunch when you sip on your drink. It’s basically milk and cookies!

#SpoonTip: Ask for extra Oreo for only 50 cents.

4. Taro Milk Tea

boba

Photo by Jane Yeo

Taro is a root, and when liquefied and made into desserts, it possesses a surprisingly sweet taste. This drink will get you addicted, so beware of getting even more obsessed with Kungfutea by adding boba and other toppings.

5. Matcha Milk

boba

Photo by Jane Yeo

Ordering a green blend of matcha and milk seemed suspicious at first, since I wanted my milk tea fix, but I wasn’t disappointed with Kungfutea’s Matcha Milk. It’s super creamy, and tastes even better with red bean or boba add-ins.

boba

Photo by Jane Yeo

These drinks are only a select few out of an entire menu that boasts over 50 beverages customizable to your liking. By changing sugar levels, adding toppings, or the amount of ice, customers have complete control in personalizing his or her drink.

The store is very spacious inside, and there are plenty of booths and tables for you and your friends to hang out. Kungfutea even has interactive games like chess, Jenga, checkers, and playing cards for its customers to enjoy.

Good food, good drinks, and a good environment. This place is pretty damn great.

boba

Gif courtesy of Giphy.com