On August 21, the greatest solar eclipse since 1918 will be going across the United States, and Krispy Kreme has decided to create a donate to celebrate the occasion. 

What Is It?

With a fun play on words, in honor of the solar eclipse, for the first time ever, Krispy Kreme is "eclipsing" their original glazed donuts in a rich chocolate glaze. While this won't be available at every Krispy Kreme location, the locations that will be offering it will also be showing the customers the donuts as they are getting the chocolate glaze treatment.

When Will It Be Available?

The chocolate glazed donuts will be available starting during the "hot light" hours at night on Saturday, August 19 and Sunday, August 20, the days leading up to the event. Then on the day of the event, Monday, August 21 the donuts will be available all day. 

Make sure to check the Krispy Kreme website to see if the chocolate eclipsed donut will be available near you, but if not make sure you at least grab one of Krispy Kreme's Reese's Peanut Butter Donut to watch the eclipse with.