Need a delicious and welcoming place for a date? Need a quality lunch with some coworkers? Need a homestyle Sunday brunch with some friends?  Look no further than Jack Allen’s Kitchen. This restaurant is unlike one I’ve ever been to before: it presents a Southern charm in a high-class manner. I’d like to say that you will find the quality and presentation of a “fancy” restaurant without the price.

Appetizer dip

Photo by Allison Wojtowecz

The menu is quite well-rounded, with anything from salads to grilled and fried items to good, old-fashioned burgers. Off-menu daily specials and sometimes even seasonal features are a token here. The chefs are also very accommodating to alterations to anything on the menu.

Grilled ruby trout

Grilled Ruby Trout | Photo by Allison Wojtowecz

I had the grilled ruby trout, which was as divine as it looks. The chefs at Jack Allen’s know that people eat with their eyes first, and you will not be disappointed with how great your plate looks when it is brought to you. This particular fish fillet is topped with pesto and apple slices and laid on a bed of wild rice and spinach. Let’s just say I wish veggies always tasted this good!

Twisted cobb salad

Twisted Cobb Salad | Photo by Allison Wojtowecz

To top off the delicious food options, service at Jack Allen’s is also spectacular. The atmosphere of this unique restaurant would not be possible without its fantastic employees. They are all extremely knowledgeable about everything the restaurant has to offer and always make the diners feel welcome. Special shout-out to Jesse at the Round Rock location for allowing me to take pictures of everything he brought our table! Not one judgement was passed when he saw me with that camera.

Baja style fish tacos

Baja Style Fish Tacos | Photo by Allison Wojtowecz

So next time you’re looking for an all-around original dining experience that will meet anyone’s tastes, head over to Jack Allen’s Kitchen. They have three locations in the Austin area, so you’re bound to be close to one!

average

Location: 7720 TX 71, Austin, TX 78735
Hours of Operation: Mon-Thurs 11am-10pm, Fri-Sat 11am-11pm, Sunday 10am-10pm (Brunch 10am-2pm)