If you’re a true foodie, you understand the importance of making sure that your waitress sits you in a booth with good lighting at a restaurant, that the caramel sauce on your ice cream is dripping down your cone, and that the chocolate chips in your Levain Bakery cookie are melted and mushy.
New York is known for the Empire State Building and extra-cheesy pizza, sure, but it’s especially known for its dank (to put it simply) cupcakes, ice cream sandwiches and cheesecakes galore – important, right? More importantly, once it’s on your Instagram feed.
1. Milkshakes from Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer
Worth the three-hour wait, since making your own won’t ever be as beautiful as the real deal.
2. Cereal Milk Ice Cream from Momofuku Milk Bar
Get the sprinkles for a guaranteed 100+ likes.
3. “Super Premium” Ice Cream Cones from Emack & Bolio’s
The (c)on(e)ly thing I need to survive my week. A quintessential NYC eats Insta.
4. Birthday Cake Sundae from Quality Eats
Eat cake because it’s someone’s birthday somewhere. But if you’re really celebrating, make sure you do it with some free birthday food.
5. Waffle Ice Cream Cone from Wowfulls
Can’t wait to get a wowfull of this. Make sure you tag your dank waffle pic with #spoonfeed.
6. S’mores Ice Cream Rolls from 10Below Ice Cream
I need s’more has never been so applicable. Just watching the ice cream be made is an experience in itself, you can imagine how magical the first bite is.
7. Glazed Mini Donuts with Sprinkles from Doughnuttery
Just a little donut in a big world. Have no shame in holding up your mini donuts for the ultimate insta.
#SpoonTip: Head up to the Highline right above Chelsea Market for the ultimate @foodintheair insta.
8. Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies from Levain Bakery
It’s not a trend if you’re not in on it. Dw, some fellow Spoonies taste tested Levain’s cookies and we all agree that the chocolate chip walnut is hands down #1.
9. Brioche Ice Cream Sandwiches from Genuine Superette
Not all heroes wear capes. Your ice cream sandwich doesn’t always have to be on a chocolate chip cookie, ya know.
10. Funfetti Cookie from Schmackery’s
Funfetti is what fairy princesses eat for breakfast.
11. JARS by Dani
JARS by Dani: possibly the best thing that’s ever been created by mankind.
12. Mini Macarons from Baked by Melissa
If you’re celiac, have no fear. BBM has got gluten free goodies for you, too.
13. “The Ron Bennington” Cupcake from Molly’s Cupcakes
Let’s all take a minute to thank Harry Burnett Reese for this freakin’ brilliant combo.
14. Salty Pimp Cone from Big Gay Ice Cream Shop
Just as pimpy as it sounds. Brace yourselves for the dulce de leche surprise underneath that crispy chocolate layer.
15. Frozen Hot Chocolate from Serendipity 3
Nothing more New York than this. Chocolate lovers unite.
16. Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwich from Melt Bakery
Like a red velvet cupcake, but better. Cool off on a hot day, or eat it in mid-January for the insta.
17. PB & J Donut from Dun-Well Donuts
PB & J has never tasted so good. Who needs bread when we’ve got donuts?
18. Chocolate Banana Pudding from Magnolia Bakery
No words necessary. The photo does enough justice.
19. Any Cupcake from Sprinkles
Don’t forget to try the Cupcake ATM for a truly eye-opening experience.
20. Dark Chocolate Gelato Panini from M’o Il Gelato
Been dreaming about this since it first showed up on Insta.
21. Donut Ice Cream Sandwich from Holey Cream
Hol(e)y crap. The hype is so real.
22. White Chocolate Shelled Brownie from Bodega Negra
23. “Hit Me” Chocolate Cake from Catch NYC
The name couldn’t be more appropriate.
24. Froyo from Culture An American Yogurt Company
All for me, none fro you.
#Spoontip: Don’t forget to caption your food porn with hella funny food puns, tag #spoonfeed and tag @spoonuniversity for a feature.