Barcadia’s arrival to LSU’s nightlife has been widely endorsed by LSU students, so it’s no wonder why Barcadia wanted to expand and change their menu. They insist on keeping their menu fresh and changing it seasonally, especially since they’ve been expanding since their first location opened in Dallas.

2016 is fanning out to be quite a busy summer for the small restaurant chain. In addition to their June menu release, Barcadia is throwing a block party known as Wing Fest on National Wing Day, July 29th, right outside of their Baton Rouge location. The party will feature prizes, giveaways, and a new chicken menu. Barcadia will have live music and host a wing eating contest.

Barcadia’s executive chef began collaborating with owners to create new menu items right after Mardi Gras. Barcadia has been very excited about the release of their new menu 3 weeks ago, which was received very well. So, we decided to try it for ourselves. We picked out some of their new menu items and dived in.

1. Italian Gourmet Dog

Barcadia

Photo by Colby Sterling

The Italian Dog is kind of like a pizza hot dog, so what isn’t to love about this menu item? This gourmet dog is made up of smoked Italian sausage, covered in marinara, onions, and peppers, and finished with melted mozzarella cheese.

If you ordered a sausage, pepper, and onion pizza and traded the pizza dough in for a bun, you would have this amazing creation. This dog is super filling and only $7.95.

2. Coney Gourmet Dog

Barcadia

Photo by Colby Sterling

The Barcadia Coney Dog is quickly becoming one of the most popular items on the menu. This particular dog pays homage to an American classic. If you want something spicier, definitely order this. Pork casing encompasses smoked duck to create a tasty sausage. The dog is topped with cheddar cheese, Barcadia’s house chili, onions, bacon bits, and, of course, mustard.

This is some of the freshest and tastiest chili I’ve ever had. It is pretty hearty and has a smoky flavor to it, probably due to an abundance of beans, meat, and spices in the mix. Try Barcadia’s chili or take a crack at it yourself with our recipe. Served with a side of fries, this dog is $7.95.

3. The Garden Burger

Barcadia

Photo by Colby Sterling

This sandwich offers a healthier alternative to the usual bar food Barcadia serves, like their famous hand-cut frites. It’s like a meatier salad between two slices of toast. The garden burger is $10.95 and comes dressed like a king.

Lettuce, tomato, and alfalfa sprouts reside on multi-grain bread while a juicy burger topped with cheddar lays over the toppings. Avocado aioli is smeared on the bread and a pick is stuck through the sandwich to keep everything in place.

4. Chicken Avocado Club

Barcadia

Photo by Colby Sterling

This menu item is listed as a crowd favorite, probably due to the fact that it has a whole lot goin’ on. Grilled chicken, Chisesi ham, swiss cheese, bacon, arugula, and whipped avocado sit harmoniously between an enticing brioche bun. This better-BLT is priced at $11.95 and does not disappoint.

5. Buffalo Chicken Sandwich

Barcadia

Photo by Colby Sterling

This buffalo chicken sandwich is far from basic, kinda like these buff chicken pies. A huge piece of buffalo sauced fried chicken is placed upon a bed of lettuce and tomato and topped with fried pickles, just like these.

If you don’t feel like getting your fingers sauced up from wings, this is a great alternative for $10.95. This sandwich goes perfectly with any of Barcadia’s draft beers.