With the leaves changing colors, the presence of pumpkins and the increasing demand for sweets, it's clear to Marist Students that fall has arrived. 

With fall in the air, its no surprise that our tastebuds make us want to return back to our childhood memories. One popular tradition in the Marist Culture is a trip to a small farm that is less than a ten minute drive away. This farm is known as Dubois Farm, which has been providing happiness for the student population for years.

1. Apple Picking

apple, pasture, juice, peach, nectarine
David Zambuto

A variety of fresh local grown apples native to the Hudson Valley are ready for the picking.  A few of these types include: Granny Smith, Red Delicious and Golden Delicious, perfect for any fall baking you have planned. 

2. Cider Donuts 

pumpkin, chocolate
David Zambuto

Is there anything better than Cider Donuts? Made fresh on the farm, each bite of the sweet, sugary, warm and apple filling flavor you get is a marker that fall has arrived. There are also Cider Donut eating contests that are guaranteed to satisfy you.

3. Food 

pizza, cake, beer, chocolate, coffee, tea
David Zambuto

Did I mention that Dubois also offers fresh BBQ goods? These items include: hot dogs, hamburgers, pulled pork and grilled cheese sandwiches. Made fresh by the farm and on the spot, these items are sure to please your taste buds.

pork, slaw, chicken, sauce, sandwich
David Zambuto

One  item that I'd recommend trying would be the Pulled Pork. You'll have a hearty scoop of perfectly marinated and season pork that'll make you crave more. 

4. Pumpkin Picking 

pumpkin, pasture, gourd, vegetable, squash
David Zambuto

There's a plethora of pumpkins to chose from to make your dorm feel more homey. The pumpkins come in all sizes and can be used for decorations and later pumpkin inspired recipes.

If you're enticed to visit Dubois Farm, it's located at: 209 Perkinsville Rd, Highland, NY 12528.