If you're anything like me, it's around this time of year that the reality that all of your favorite summer ice cream shops are closed for another six months really starts to sink in.

As a New Jersey native, I'm spoiled with a jersey shore full of nostalgia-inducing ice cream shops all throughout the summer. This makes the transition into the winter ice cream season especially difficult. Sometimes eating Ben & Jerry's straight from the pint in the middle of December just doesn't cut it.

So if you're not opting for this  healthier route until the sun comes out again, and you live within a 25 mile radius of Swedesboro, NJ (seriously, it's that good), then you have to try Latteria.
ice cream, cake, ice, cream
Emily Herman

Open Monday through Saturday from 3:00-9:00pm, Latteria offers year-round ice cream connoisseurs a unique listing of homemade flavors that change everyday.

For a more traditional taste, try Cake Batter as pictured above. If you're feeling a little risky, try out one of their alcoholic "Cocktail Flavors", Oreo Dust, or Banana Cream Pie Cheesecake.
cream, ice cream, ice
Emily Herman

These perfectly miniature ice cream cones are possibly one of Latteria's most ingenious menu additions. Perfect for both kids and adults, this tiny cone is irresistible. If anything, you have to get it for the 'gram. 

Note: There's no shame in getting back in line to devour a mini-cone, even after you've had a medium size cup. Sometimes you just have to know what Strawberry Pop-tart Oreo flavored ice cream tastes like. And French Toast...and Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough...

tea, cake, beer
Emily Herman

However, Latteria is more than just an ice cream shop. With ceiling to floor artwork covering the entire wall on one side of the shop, Latteria basically doubles as an art exhibit. There are new additions to the whimsical mural at least once a week, which makes the artwork seem endless and the time waiting in line seem like a breeze. 

Need something to wash down your waffle cone? Try Latteria's homemade lattes, cappuccinos, and organic tea on their cafe menu. While your at it, add a scoop of vanilla bourbon or salted caramel ice cream to your cup of joe.

Need a quick Christmas gift? Latteria also houses a gift store stocked with organic soaps, biodegradable candles, jewelry, and adorable home decor. 

With all of this to offer and a continuously evolving storefront, Latteria might just become the next Wawa for South Jersey. Don't believe me? Go try it for yourself!