Every city has an ice-cream shop that’s totally fantabulous and immediately catches your fancy. It’s that one shop which has those open counters, manifold different flavour-and-topping combinations with the option to custom-make your own flavours.It’s that one shop where you can see the guy mixing flavours and beating air into your ice-cream creating an intense curiosity. Just like that, there is a shop in Visakhapatnam called – Ice Age!

Ice Age

Photo Courtesy of Ice Age – Google+ page

Why is it the best in Visakhapatnam, you ask? Well, here’s why!

1) Ambience and Theme

Ice Age

True to its name, the theme of this shop is in context with The Ice Age movie franchise and damn, they’ve set it up beautifully. There are sculpted 3D carvings on the walls of characters from the movie, like Manny the mammoth and Sid the sloth. A statue of Diego the sabre-toothed cat stands guard outside the shop. There’s a TV inside that plays random clips of the movies at all times. Hell, even the font on the menus and signboards are the ones used in the movie series. How amazing is that !

2) Menu

Ice Age

Photo courtesy of Ice Age page on Zomato

Obviously, a place like this is going to have quite the variety in the menu, right? Right!The number of options that are there on the menu is no joke. They even stick to the theme in the menu card – by naming a section of ice creams as names of characters from the movie series.

The number of options that are there on the menu is no joke. They even stick to the theme in the menu card – by naming a section of ice creams as names of characters from the movie series.

3) The Visual Treat

Ice Age

Photo by Jagan Mohan on Zomato

The themed names and the variety aren’t the only cool things about this place. The visual appeal of the ice cream is enough to make you drown in a puddle of your own drool. The intricate mix of the ice creams and the lovely plating of them along with chocolates,wafers and twisters in a waffle cup is just brilliant.

4) Taste

Ice Age

Photo by Sumanth Behara on Zomato

After all, that I’ve talked about, I need to elaborate on another point. Pfft.

No, but seriously, the taste is, as you might have guessed, out of the world.  Only a few things taste as good as these custom made ice age themed ice creams that I am sure will get you obsessed too.

There you go! You’ve just found out about an awesome place! So if you ever take a trip to Vizag, be sure to go to the city of destiny’s loveliest ice cream shop of all time.

Live long and prosper!