When I moved across the country to Atlanta, I was excited for a whole new city and all the new restaurants. The biggest thing I learned was that Atlanta does not mess around with their food. The food scene is vibrant and mouth watering. There is certainly no shortage of delicious restaurants in Atlanta but I have picked my favorites.

Best Brunch: Sun in my Belly

Location: 2161 College Ave NE 

Why it's the best: The name says it all. If you want food that feels like happiness from the inside out, you should go to Sun in my Belly. The ambiance is adorable, the food is unique and delicious, and the coffee is delicious. 

Try this: You cannot go wrong with anything you order here, but my personal fave is the Belly Benedict. This ain't your mama's benedict – two perfectly poached eggs sit atop roasted sweet potatoes and the biscuit on the side doesn't hurt either. This dish is served only on the weekends and is perfect for the classic Sunday brunch. 

Best Tacos: Taqueria del Sol

Location: With four locations all around, you can pick whatever's closest to you. From Westside, to Decatur, to Cheshire Bridge, you can easily find one near you. 

Why it's the best: As a college student, I am always looking for cheap eats. But as a self-proclaimed foodie, I am looking for good food. Taqueria del Sol is cheap and delicious so it's an easy go-to. It is casual, so it is perfect for when I don't feel like changing out of leggings and a t-shirt (aka always), but it is also perfect for a birthday or celebration. 

Try this: As these tacos are small so you can order 2 to 3 different tacos to try which is a major plus for me because I can never decide. My personal fave is the carnitas taco – the meat is tender and flavorful. If you are looking for something more southern, the Memphis is another personal favorite. This southern BBQ style taco is delicious and will make you really feel like you are in the deep south. Whatever you order, make sure you get chips and queso to start, you won't be sorry. 

Best Burgers: Yeah! Burger

avocado, spinach
Cayla Bamberger

Location: Near Virginia Highlands? Stop by 1017 North Highland Ave. In West Midtown? You'll find Yeah! Burger at 1168 Howell Mill Rd. 

Why it's the best: Yeah! Burger isn't your classic, cheap, fast-food burger. Their motto, "Keepin' it real", not only echoes Rachel Lindsay's (from "The Bachelorette") motto but is a promise that you are getting the best ingredients. Not only are the burgers delicious, but they are made using sustainable and local ingredients. All I have to say about this is, "Yeah!".

Try this: Each burger on the menu is just as delicious as the next, but I am a firm believer in making it your own. Using their "Build your own!" menu, you can make a burger that has everything you could ever want. From the classic American cheese to Sunflower sprouts, you can make your burger anything you want. 

Best Pizza: Fritti

pizza, chicken, cheese
Blair Baker

Location: At 309 N. Highland Ave. NE, Fritti is in the heart of my favorite area in Atlanta, Inman Park. 

Why it's the best: Easy answer. Delicious Pizza is always a win. Although Antico is a local fave, Fritti is a fave of mine. Antico is often super busy and you end up eating at 5 pm or 10 pm. Fritti offers yummy pizza at a reasonable hour. They have an array of delicious toppings, but if you're not feeling pizza, they have other dishes and you can sometimes order pasta from their sister restaurant, Sotto Sotto. 

Try this: Calamari Fritti is a unique and delicious combination of two of my fave dishes: calamari and pizza. If calamari isn't your thing, try Crudo e Rucola. This pizza is topped with prosciutto, arugula and olive oil. A pizza topped with arugula basically makes it a salad, right? 

Best Healthy Option: True Food Kitchen

mozzarella, cheese, pizza, sauce
Blair Baker

Location: True food has locations all over the US, but the one in Atlanta is located in Lenox Mall. Plug 3393 Peachtree Rd. NE into your GPS to try this healthy and mouthwatering food. 

Why it's the best: True Food is built on the idea of anti-inflammatory food. This means that their food won't leave you feeling bloated and lethargic. Each dish uses the healthiest ingredients possible and is still just as appetizing. 

Try this: True Food's menu is constantly rotating to ensure they are using ingredients at the peak of their freshness. If you are lucky enough to try it, I recommend the Spaghetti Squash Casserole (pictured above). This dish is rich and flavorful, but the substitute of spaghetti squash for normal spaghetti will ensure you leave ready to head next door to shop at the mall. #Spoontip: Add sausage or another protein to this dish to ensure you stay full. 

Best Ice Cream: Butter and Cream

ice cream, ice, peanut butter, peanut, butter, caramel, chocolate, cream
Blair Baker

Location: Find Butter and Creme at 416 Church Street

Why it's the best: Ice cream is one of my all time favorite desserts and Butter and Creme fulfills my ice cream cravings. Their creamy ice cream is always what I crave and it's the perfect cold treat for the hot weather in Atlanta. 

Try this: O.G. Goodness is one of Butter and Cream's signature flavors. It is packed with ooey gooey butter cake. Enough said.

Best Pricey Eats: TWO urban licks

salmon, fish, seafood, sushi, smoked salmon
Blair Baker

Location: 820 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE

Why it's the best: This is the place you take your parents when they visit. Although TWO urban licks is out of my price range, it is one of the best places to eat in Atlanta – you have to eat here at least once if you are in Atlanta. The restaurant also has a killer ambiance – the kitchen is located in the center of the restaurant so you can see the chefs hard at work. Each dish is delicious in its own way and you will leave here happily stuffed.

Try this: To start, I recommend the salmon chips (pictured above) and the artichoke. For an entree, the Brisket is the perfect dish to embrace being in the south. The brisket is smoked in the kitchen and can be seen doing its slow cooking thang from your table. 

MVP: Barcelona Wine Bar

cinnamon, cream, pumpkin
Blair Baker

Location: Barcelona has two locations: Inman Park and Westside Ironworks. Inman Park is my fave area so find me at 240 North Highland Ave. NE.

Why it's the best: Barcelona Wine Bar is delicious Spanish tapas without the expensive flight. I am notorious for picking off of other people's plates so Tapas is the perfect meal for me – I get to try a little of a bunch of dishes. Each dish is more delicious than the next and you will love and savor every. single. bite. I went to Barcelona for my birthday dinner and have already made plans to go there when my parents visit and for my birthday next year. It's that good. 

Try this: It is hard for me to recommend just a couple dishes because I have loved every single thing I have eaten here. If I had to choose, my faves are the classic Spanish Potatoes Bravas (pictured above), Hanger Steak with truffle vinaigrette and the Chorizo with sweet and sour figs. With that said, you really couldn't go wrong with anything on the menu. Get ready for the best meal ever. 

I left my first year in Atlanta with my wallet a little lighter and myself a little heavier (#worthit). From biscuits to potatoes bravas, I have tried all different types of cuisines and can't wait to see what other restaurants in Atlanta deserve gold medals in the years to come.