Walk past “Humps” on a Wednesday night and you will see the excitement. Pennies on Wednesdays is one of the only spots offered so close to SLU for students to be able to go out, drink a ton and get a deal. It almost gives the illusion that SLU is similar to a big university where students go out every night.

Here are a few more reasons why SLUdents need to be getting the most out of Humps while they can:

1. Pennies

SLU

Photo by Colleen Daly

It is half way through the week, an option for people to feel like they go to a state school and actually go out during the week. Not to mention a killer deal. First pitcher is 9 dollars, share with your friends, get a bunch of cups, then every pitcher after that is a penny.

2. Save your pennies for Wednesday with their weekly deals

SLU

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Besides Wednesday nights, Humps has deals every single night of the week in order for you to save a little cash, while not holding back at the bar. Mondays they have 2 dollar pints, Tuesdays it’s 2 dollar bottles, Thursdays 3 dollar big drafts and double wells, Friday/Saturday it’s 7 dollar pitchers and 2 dollar pints, and last, but not least Sunday is happy hour ALL DAY.

3. No cab needed

90s animated GIF

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Save your cash, and get a little exercise, all you have to do is walk across campus to experience Humps any day of the week. It is a couple of minutes away from the library, which makes it the perfect place for a study break or an after study party.

4. Hungover or not, breakfast all day Saturday and Sunday

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Feeling a little hungover? That’s okay, Humps has your back. The breakfast is killer with a wide variety of options to cure your hangover. Why not do breakfast at the bar you drank at last night because who says the party has to stop? Check out their menu if you don’t believe us.

5. Hot spot for Bills games

SLU

Photo by humphreysstl.com

Deals during every Billiken game. Perfect if you don’t feel like walking to Chafeitz, or if you feel like just drinking at a table with all of your homies and not watching a game, but reaping the benefits of it being on. If we win, it is the perfect place to celebrate, and if we lose, well then you can drink the pain away.

6. Post sorority/fraternity functions

done with finals animated GIF

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

All you have to do is walk there once you get off the bus from your event and it becomes event round 2, except all of your homies from any part of campus can come. The party must go on all night. Or until close (aka 3 am).

7. Need a new plunger for your dorm or apartment?

SLU

Photo by Colleen Clark

If it is your 21st birthday or birthday week, go treat yourself to one at Humps. They will give you a plunger filled with a shot of some homemade concoction that tastes similar to Gatorade. It is yours to keep as your automatic ticket to be as drunk as you want for your birthday.

8. Tuesday Trivia

funny animated GIF

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Looking to drink a lot at a decent price, but you don’t like to have to do much besides sit around with your friends and answer trivia questions? Tuesday night is the night for you at Humps. It is the perfect time to put to use all those random facts you secretly know and thought were never going to help.

9. The free cups

SLU

Photo by Colleen Daly

Their plastic cups are a staple in any SLU students apartment. Anytime you are there, you get to leave with at least one souvenir. How many other bars let you do that? Running out of cups at home? I guess it’s time to visit Humps.

Come one, come all.

Wanna learn more about other St. Louis hidden gems? You will enjoy these then.