If you're an adventurous eater, then food is a huge factor in what schools may appeal to you the most. Being recently accepted early admission to The George Washington University, I am eagerly awaiting all the food Foggy Bottom has to offer. GW definitely exceeds all expectations with the wide array of food options from the Whole Foods to Beefsteak owned by José Andrés right on campus. These venues are just a few gems in and around the Foggy Bottom area for when you only have 24 hours to tour. 

Breakfast: JRINK Juicery 

While GW Deli always hits the spot with an Insta-worthy bagel, JRINK offers healthy alternatives that leave you feeling rejuvenated. Try their "fuel me up" juice, ocean blue tropical bowl and açaí bowl.  

Brunch: Founding Farmers

From peanut butter banana toast with chocolate crunch to chicken and waffles, Founding Farmers is hands down the best place to have brunch in D.C. This farm-to-table restaurant is ideal for a Sunday filled with winding down and eating up. 

Lunch: Sweetgreen 

Sweetgreen sets itself apart from other salad venues because of its strong commitment to the community and usage of local, fresh ingredients. The most popular salad joint on campus, Sweetgreen offers a variety of grain bowls and salads to choose from. The Harvest bowl is a must-try, although you can never go wrong with a simple kale Caesar salad. 

Dinner: Le Diplomate

This is the ultimate restaurant to stop at when your parents can cover the bill. The towering stacks of oysters, clams, shrimp and lobster are the perfect start to a dinner. The smell of fresh baguettes welcomes you into this French inspired restaurant.  

Dessert: Dolcezza 

Transport yourself to Italy with Dolcezza's gelato. Their gelato is made from fresh, locally-sourced ingredients and their coffee is the perfect way to wake yourself up in the morning. Try the peanut butter, milk chocolate, or roasted strawberry gelato. Or go crazy and try all three; I won't judge. 

Be sure to check out these restaurants when you have limited time in D.C. The Foggy Bottom boasts good eats, a cool atmosphere, and an all-around awesome vibe. Eat around George Washington University and you may never want to go back home.