This weekend State College celebrated its 7th State Patty’s Day, much to the enjoyment of thousands of students. The day after, on the other hand, brought an onslaught of headaches, nausea, and general discomfort as participants began the daylong recovery from day longing. Everyone knows that the greatest cure for hangovers is greasy food, and many spend their suicidal Sundays scarfing down some of the heaviest meals they can find. So here are the top places to go to cure your hangover (other than the bathroom floor).

The Penn State Affiliates

There are plenty of places on campus to grab a bite of fast, greasy food without having to put on real pants. Most commons have at least one place that offers chicken fingers, fries, and mozzarella sticks; however, the best fatty food on campus lies within freshman territory. East Halls is home to the Big Onion, a restaurant many of us fondly remember as the only good thing about East. This small section of Findlay Commons is dedicated to some delicious, cheap pizza that is sure to make you feel better. While you’re there you can also pick up sandwiches that are equally filling, and would probably be too much on any other day.

Photo by Allie Bloom

The Greasiest

What happens if you don’t live on campus or just want something 200% worse for you than chicken fingers? Then it’s time to head downtown for some of the greatest (and unhealthiest) food around. After all, curing a hangover is about healing your soul, not your arteries. Are U Hungry? is an extremely popular chain that has left a mark on students. Famous for serving sandwiches topped with fries and any other type of fried food you can imagine, this restaurant is the ultimate assassin of hangovers.

Photo by Allie Bloom

The Diners

Fact: diner food is the greatest food. State College follows this rule by having a slew of diners available to its inhabitants, the greatest of which is The Waffle Shop. If you actually wake up early enough to go to this magical place after a night of heavy libations, you know that nothing will ever feel better than scarfing down their delicious breakfast foods. Attending the real Waffle Shop is definitely worth the drive; however, the one downtown is still a perfect cure for any drinking-related sickness.

Photo by Allie Bloom

The Big Onion

cheap

Location: Findlay Commons, East Dining Commons
Hours of operation: Mon-Thurs: 7 am- 12:30 am, Fri: 7 am- 12 am, Sat-Sun: 9 am – 12 am

Are U Hungry?

average

Location: 111 Sowers St, State College, PA 16801  
Hours of operation: 
Sun- Wed: 11 am- 2:45 am, Thurs: 11 am – 3:30 am, Fri- Sat: 11 am – 3:45 am

The Waffle Shop

average

Location: 364 E. College Ave, State College, PA 16801
Hours of operation: Sun: 7 am – 4 pm, Mon- Sat: 6 am- 3 pm