After a long night of clubbing, bar hopping, twerking, dancing, and drinking, a late night snack (or in my case, a five course meal) is well deserved. As GW students, we naturally tend to late night at Carvings or Crepeaway. As much as I love scarfing down five crepes every weekend, I sometimes need a break from the regular routine. That is why I searched high and low to find the best drunchies near the GW hangouts that will guarantee you gain the freshman 15.

Wiseguy NY Pizza – Chinatown

drunchies

Photo courtesy of wiseguynypizza.com

After moving from New York City to Washington DC, I was shocked and annoyed by the lack of (good) pizza places here. But my feelings changed when I discovered Wiseguy NY Pizza, which is right by Ultra Bar. Their pizza is as good as New York pizza (and that says a lot coming from New Yorker). I recommend their delicious mushroom truffle pizza for when you’re feeling classy while you’re acting trashy.

Surfside – Dupont Circle

drunchies

Photo courtesy of Surfside

I’m not crazy about tacos, or Mexican food, so take it from me when I say these tacos are the best tacos ever. They’re sweet but not too sweet, spicy but not too spicy, and they’re right near all the Dupont Bars. In other words, these tacos are simply perfect. Also the guacamole is mouthwatering.

The Hamilton – Foggy Bottom

drunchies

Photo courtesy of instagram.com/thehamiltondc/

Not only is The Hamilton near Shadow and Opera, but it is the perfect place for a date, dinner with friends, or a late night. The Hamilton’s late night menu has everything you could ever hope for and want. They have s’mores milkshakes, fried mac and cheese balls, and tater tots that are as good as Tonic’s tots (and Tonic has some really nice tots).

Jumbo Slice Pizza Kouzina Angelina’s – U Street

drunchies

Photo by Jared Axelowitz

When you’re done twerking up a storm at Town Danceboutique, head over to the amazing pizzeria next door. This pizzeria does not have a concept of portion size, so their slices of pizza are as big as two slices put together. Trust me, you will be able to fit all of that in your mouth, so I recommend getting 2 slices of this life-changing pizza.

Disclaimer: even though this place calls itself Jumbo Slice Pizza Kouzina Angelina’s, it is not the classic Jumbo Slice we all know and love. But after one visit, you’ll love this place, too.

Fast Gourmet – 14th Street

drunchies

Photo courtesy of mangotomato.com

Fast gourmet is a better version of Carvings with a slight twist. This place has your classic American greasy foods like hamburgers and steak and cheese, but they also have some really nice Latin inspired dishes such as empanadas and Middle Eastern favorites like falafel. Your night on U street will not be complete without their skinny, salty, savory fries.

For any diehard foodie like myself, the main event of your night is hands-down the late night. Your night will not be over until you hit up at least one of these addicting, game-changing, comforting late night spots.