If you’re anything like me, all you want after a night out is something to eat before heading home. Sometimes I’m in the mood for something sweet, sometimes something salty, sometimes something oily and greasy and sometimes (but not usually) a healthier option. Lucky for us, Syracuse’s Marshall Street has it all.

insomnia cookies

Photo by Yujia Zhou

If you’re in the mood for something sweet, you need to try Insomnia Cookies. Insomnia serves up cookies that are always warm, fresh and come in a wide variety of flavors. From traditional chocolate chunk to S’mores, there’s a flavor for everyone. If you really want to go all out, get the Cookiewich (frozen yogurt smushed between two warm gooey cookies). The best part about Insomnia? They’re open until 3am. The even better part? They deliver.

sliders_cheeseburgerfries

Photo by Renee Zhou

When your stomach is filled with alcohol, there is nothing better than biting into a Sliders grilled cheese sandwich. Sliders specializes in, you guessed it, sliders (mini hamburgers), but believe it or not, the best thing is their grilled cheese sandwich. You choose what kind of cheese you want, I usually prefer cheddar, and they grill your sandwich to perfection. If you just want a quick snack to share, or not share, with your friends, try Sliders Parmesan Garlic fries. Trust me, you will never crave McDonalds again.

Pita Pit

Photo by Yujia Zhou

The Pita Pita is another late night option, especially if you want to snack without hating yourself the next day. The Chicken Souvlaki pita is always a solid choice. I order mine with lettuce, tomato, black olives, cucumber, feta cheese and tzatziki sauce. But they can make any kind of pita you want, they have chicken, turkey, ham and beef, or the black bean patty if you’re a vegetarian. Pita Pit also has a variety of cheeses, vegetables and dressings, and can make your pita into a salad, if you’re into that type of thing.

Jimmy Johns

Photo by Yujia Zhou

Then of course there is Jimmy John’s, Marshall Street’s crown jewel. Jimmy John’s offers the fastest freshest sandwiches Syracuse has to offer and is consistently delicious. My favorite sandwich? The Beach Club with a bag of “BBQ Jimmy Chips” to put on top, adding a nice crunch.

And if you just want a quick slice of pizza and a place to sit while you’re waiting to meet up with your friends, you can stop by Acropolis. It’s not the best pizza in the world, but when you’re drunk, it’ll do.