Feel Good is a national organization founded on ending world hunger through the values of community, partnership, and sustainable development. Not only will these sammies satisfy your hunger, but they also help those in need.

At UVM Feel Good all of  their ingredients are locally grown and donated.  All of the proceeds go directly to Feel Good’s partners who are working towards the 2030 commitment fund, which has the goal of ending world poverty.

Feel Good suggests a donation of 4-5$ for the sandwiches, a deal you really can’t beat on-campus. Not only can you order a CSA special that changes weekly but Feel Good Vermont has also come up with 5 gooey and delicious sandwiches to fulfill your post-class hunger.

Kale-A-Saurus Rex

Grilled Cheese

Photo courtesy of UVM Feel Good

Kale being the food craze of our generation is obviously included in the sammy. Pair that with hummus and carrots and cheddar cheese, of course, this simple creation is the perfect choice for veggie lovers. The smooth and flavorful hummus matches up perfectly with the crunchy vegetables, it’s the ideal pairing you’ll want to have again and again.

Plain Jane

Grilled Cheese

Photo Courtesy of UVM Feelgood

It may be basic, but it is always delicious. This classic combo is the amped-up version of your childhood grilled cheese. Like all Feel Good sandwiches it begins with fresh bakery bread.  In the middle there is only some delicious Shelburne Orchards‘ white cheddar cheese, do you even need more? This classic Sammy is perfect for the indecisive.  Sometimes plain and simple is the way to go.

Cheese Louise

Grilled Cheese

Photo Courtesy of UVM Feelgood

This grilled cheese is the perfect sweet treat. The sandwich starts with maple mustard, which by itself is one of the best condiments out there, then you add some classic white cheddar cheese. What adds the sweet twist is fresh local apples and of course since one can never have too much maple, maple syrup. Melted to perfection this is the best ‘treat yo self’ sammy.

The Bella

Grilled Cheese

Photo Courtesy of UVM Feelgood

Pesto, tomato sauce, cheese, and garlic, it’s essentially a portable pizza. Nothing is a more satisfying snack while walking to class on these cold days to come.  Pesto makes everything better so why not enjoy it on your grilled cheese?

Make Your Own!

Grilled Cheese

Photo courtesy of UVM Feel Good

Have fun with it, no combination really can ever be a bad idea. Melted cheese and fresh bread are the perfect ground work for the sandwich of your dreams. Feel Good’s veggies tend to rotate based on the CSA delivery but all the ingredients to the above sandwiches are usually available.  Be sure to see what else they have and don’t be afraid to mix it up.  Also hummus, salsa, hot sauce and a variety of other condiments are always at your disposal. Just tell them what you would like and patiently await your creation to be grilled to perfection.

Also; gluten-free peeps don’t despair, BYOB (bring your own bread) and Feel Good will grill you up whatever you please.