Every campus needs that go-to, hits the spot every time, oh-so-delicious restaurant. When the weekend rolls around, you run out of food or on-campus eating gets dull, you need a place to indulge. For Pitt students, the Union Grill is always the answer.

Have a hot date this weekend? Union Grill. It’s your friend’s birthday and you want a home-style meal before the big night out? Put your name in at the Union Grill. Parents are rollin’ in and you need a place to spend their money? You know what I’m going to suggest.

grill

Photo by Abigail Wang

It’s all-American comfort food, with twists of Pittsburgh twang. From a juicy face-sized burger with your choice of indulgent add-ons, stuffed-to-the-brim potato and cheese pierogies, gooey grilled cheeses or the renowned (as featured on Food Network) turkey Devonshire, the menu is packed with an abundance of delicious choices that will knock the Pittsburgh cold right out of yinz.

grill

Photo by Abigail Wang

Check the keys at the door because you can’t forget about the alcohol options. While you’re waiting for your table, you can start the tab off right with some funky cocktails like a Moscow mule, lemon drop or chocolate-covered pretzel martini.

The Union Grill also has beer and wine specials on the regular that will keep your wallet full but your spirits high. If you’re not interested in the alcoholic menu, it’s BYOB so you can pop open some of your own bubblies at your leisure.

grill

Photo by Abigail Wang

You know there’s a second stomach for dessert, right? You’ll need it in order to enjoy the individual at-table s’more experience. That’s right, you get to make your own gooey creations tableside.

There are more delicious options if s’mores aren’t your thing, like specialty homemade pies and a chocolate explosion brownie with ice cream. If these dessert options don’t get you a second date, I don’t know what will.

grill

Photo by Abigail Wang

The atmosphere is lively, the wait staff is friendly and there’s always a great mix of people. The Union Grill doesn’t take reservations, so make sure you add a little time to your night because the place is usually packed.

Did I mention the place was featured on Bobby Flay’s Food Network show FoodNation? Basically, you’ll be dining in a nationally-famous restaurant. Enjoy and hail to Pitt!

average

Hours of operation:

Monday-Thursday 11:30 am-9:00 pm
Friday-Saturday 11:30 am-10:00 pm
Sunday 12:00 pm-9:00 pm

Location: 413 S Craig St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Check out more Pittsburgh campus eats: