On a typical occasion, I am not looking for restaurants’ that will cater to both children and adults, but last weekend was different. My family was visiting and we needed a restaurant that would do so. So upon the recommendation of a faculty member, we chose at Go Fish Restaurant, a sushi spot in Mystic, CT. Go Fish is great for a weekend outing, and some dishes still stick out in my mind today.

Tokyo Nachos? #yum #tokyonachos #nachos #sushi #tuna #fresh #dinner #mystic #gofish

A photo posted by Κατερήνα Ελιςάβετ (@katie_did29) on

Dinner started off with the Tokyo Nachos; light and crispy wanton wrappers topped with raw tuna, green onions, and crema. The nachos were anything but traditional; the tuna was fresh and had a hint of spice from the Thai chili and wasabi aioli. A great way to set the tone for the rest of our sushi feast.

Fish

Photo courtesy of Go Fish Restaurant

One of my favorite dishes was the Playboy Roll, consisting of shrimp tempura, spicy tuna, eel and avocado. The seafood was fresh, and the rolls were carefully wrapped, making for a uniform and consistent eating experience.

I am rather opinionated when it comes to New England Clam Chowder, but I found that the chowder at Go Fish had the perfect mix of clams, potatoes, and bacon. The chowder was not overwhelming creamy, since it was probably made with cream and not milk. Get a cup of this luscious soup, you will not regret it.

The sweet and tangy seaweed salad added another nice burst of flavor to our meal and cut through some of the fat from the tuna and chowder. Not to mention, it made a good impression my little cousins, who are usually picky eaters.