Forget pancakes and waffles. French toast is the real deal. Fluffy, crisp, and sweet, French toast might just be the best breakfast item there is. So when you’re tired of Hill Brunch or waiting on the line at Metro, treat yo’self and head to these top brunch spots in Philly to eat to your heart’s content.

1. Sabrina’s Cafe

french toast

Photo by Alden Terry

Sabrina’s Cafe’s specialty is Challah French toast – fluffy, crispy, and just a tad sweet.  The best part? You can get it plain (lightly dusted with powdered sugar) or STUFFED with farmer’s cream cheese, topped with bananas and vanilla bean syrup. Just take it all in.

2. The Dutch Eating Place at Reading Terminal Market

french toast

Photo courtesy of @billy4pics on Instagram

This apple cinnamon French toast is well worth the trek to Center City and is just one of many delicious items on the Dutch Eating Place’s menu (the apple dumpling is also the bomb.com).

3. Green Eggs Café

french toast

Photo courtesy of @greeneggscafe on Instagram

Birthday Cake French Toast. Créme Brulee French Toast. Gingersnap French Toast. PB&J French Toast. Carrot Cake French Toast. You can’t go wrong. And did we mention it’s all vegan?

4. a.kitchen

french toast

Photo courtesy of @akitchen_philly on Instagram

a.kitchen’s French Toast is 100% worth the trek to Rittenhouse Square. Their French toast is stuffed with almonds and pears and is paired with fresh, locally sourced Lancaster maple syrup. It will make your day.

5. White Dog Cafe

french toast

Photo courtesy of @whitedogphilly on Instagram

Your favorite dessert has now been made into a form acceptable to eat for breakfast. Meet the French Toast Bread Pudding, and now feed your eyes and your stomach!