May 2nd marks graduation for Pepperdine’s Class of 2015. Families will be coming to the ‘Bu from all over to spend time with their not-so-little children and watch them walk across the stage. Rather than eating the complementary continental breakfast from your hotel, venture out to one of these places where you can get the best breakfast in Malibu.

Another perk? Most of these are open before graduation time, so you can hit these up with your cap and gown, and eat a fulfilling breakfast to help keep your belly from grumbling throughout perhaps the most important moment of your life yet.

Lily’s Cafe 

best breakfast

Photo courtesy of Dawn B.’s Yelp review

If your looking for a quick and filling breakfast, look no further. Their burritos come in two sizes, half and whole and are perfect after a long morning of surfing. Lily’s burritos are stuffed with scrambled eggs, refried beans and all the bacon you could dream of. *cue mouth watering*

Malibu Farm

best breakfast

Photo by Grace Vitek

Three words: Fresh, Organic, Local. Located at the end of Malibu Pier, this farm-to-table restaurant uses the freshest organic ingredients in every meal. Their fried egg sandwich will definitely put you in a good mood for the rest of the day. Who knows, at this quaint Malibu cafe you might even have breakfast with a celebrity.

Malibu Pier Restaurant and Bar

best breakfast

Photo by Hannah Cooper

On the opposite end of Malibu Pier you can find the best Blueberry Pancakes and Breakfast sandwich in Malibu at the Malibu Pier Restaurant and Bar. The breakfast sandwich consists of a flaky croissant filled with mashed avocado, fried eggs, bacon and sprouts. The sandwich also comes with a small salad and berries.

Marmalade Cafe

best breakfast

Photo courtesy of Marmalade Cafe’s Facebook Page

Marmalade’s pancakes are, no doubt, the best in Malibu. About the size of the plate they come on, the pancakes are fluffy, and filled with almond granola, or caramelized pineapple chunks. They recently added a gluten-free option in addition to their traditional buttermilk stacks.

For those seniors out there living in SoCal who haven’t ventured up the coast, I urge you to get out here and eat your way through the 21 scenic miles of the Malibu. The best of the best are just waiting for you to sit down and try one of their comatizing breakfasts.

Want to venture out even more? Check out these fab places