To keep the next few weeks interesting (hello, spring break) we’ve decided to do a weekly review of our favorite food trucks on campus. There are 4 food trucks here at A&M and to keep students, faculty, and staff interested, every truck must be unique and leave us wanting more. As one of the four, Mickey’s Sliders does exactly that.

Parked under one of campus’s great oaks, blasting classic rock, Mickey’s creates an atmosphere of fun and utter coolness that’s essential for enjoying a great meal with friends.

food trucks

Photo by Kaylee McIntosh

Every slider is made to order with in-house ground meat and super fresh ingredients – making “The 12th Man” sandwich the chicken philly of my dreams.  Perfectly seasoned fries and the great service topped off the meal.

If you’re feeling adventurous try “The Willie Nelson” – a slider with an Angus beef patty, bacon, black pepper truffle mayo, cheese, onion rings, and Mickey’s secret BBQ sauce. Add queso fries as your side to top it off.

food trucks

Photo by Kaylee McIntosh

The Aggies around me agreed that their favorite things about Mickey’s is that it’s a “fun, fast, and delicious” place to have lunch or dinner.

This food truck has only been around for a little over 2 years but one thing is certain – Mickey’s Sliders is well on its way to becoming a staple food in Aggieland.