Step aside Cook Out, this “fine dining between two buns” is best thing to happen to burgers and shakes in Atlanta.  Read about my truly ~moving~ experience so you can begin to understand just why FLIP Burger, with locations in Buckhead and West Midtown, is worth flipping out over.

The Onset

Photo by Carly Zaladonis

In the midst of sorority recruitment filled with long days of girl flirting and smiling, my friends and I were feeling drained and were in need of a pick-me-up. “What would we do?”, we wondered. Ha. As if we even had to think twice about it. We needed some good food therapy of course.

After searching through dozens of restaurants, we set our sights on FLIP Burger, as we all found our mouths watering while reading the extensive menu from the “modern burger boutique” which includes burgers of all different varieties, like a tuna tartare burger, falafel burger, and even a shrimp burger (who even knew that was a thing?).  But wait, that’s not all, in addition to the savory burgers, FLIPBurger also offers a selection of super sweet milkshakes such as krispy kreme, nutella with burnt marshmallows, and nutter butter and jelly.

I have to admit, I had a pretty good feeling about how good it was going to be given that I was stressed about what to order before I even left for dinner.

The Experience

Photo courtesy of Diane Berlinsky

Yup. There I was. Looking at the menu swept with panic; there were too many things I wanted to eat. Fried pickles? Lamb burger with tzatziki? Order 3 milkshakes just for myself? Ugh. How does a girl pick only ONE meal?

Ultimately, I had to make a decision. I chose the tuna tartare burger and fries. It was unreal. I don’t think I have ever had so much tuna served to me…AND AT A BURGER JOINT! Tuna, asian pear, pine nuts, soy dressing, wasabi mayo, compressed veggies, mango sphere, and avocado puree paired with a side of golden, crispy fries.  Mouth watering yet? It was just as good as it sounds.

The Aftermath

Photo Courtesy of Brianna Rifkin

I finished my burger feeling glorious and satisfied all mixed with a twinge of sadness since my beautiful burger was now gone and because I couldn’t even manage to have a milkshake if I wanted to at that point.  Given this fact, I will surely be making a mission back to FLIP real soon. 10/10 would definitely recommend-or at least 5/5 of my friends would. The extensive menu filled with insane appetizers, burgers, salads, and desserts… PLUS reasonable prices makes FlipBurger a HUGE heck-yes.

#SpoonTip: PACE YOURSELF. Maybe split burger and apps with a friend and order milkshakes for dessert (or even go just for a milkshake-date).  Sharing at FLIP is definitely the move so you’re not stuck with any milkshake, burger, or fry envy.

Just incase I haven’t convinced you already, take a look at this bad boy below.  Try and tell me you don’t want a sip of that.

Photo courtesy of Ariella Kuhl