Impatient pizza lovers and nutella addicts rejoice! Your foodie prayers have been answered in the form of the newest addition to the Delmar Loop. As of Wednesday, November 4th, Doughocracy Pizza is open on the Loop in place of the Ziezo clothing store. This fast-casual pizza place will be the perfect spot for students to grab a quick bite without sacrificing the quality of their food or their bank accounts, with personal pizzas costing only $8.75.

Doughocracy Pizza

Photo by Saoirse Hahn

I was lucky enough to be invited to the restaurant’s preview night on November 3rd, and can certainly say the pizza was not only delicious but incredibly fun to create. Brian Curry, the Director of Marketing for the Chicago Franchise System, explains the process: “At Doughocracy Pizza + Brews, each order begins with a 12-inch pie of handmade, hand-stretched dough prepared fresh onsite daily. Customers have the freedom to select one of 10 signature pies or build their own. With freshly made pizza sauces and more than 30 delicious toppings to choose from, everyone has the freedom to build their own pie to their liking.” 

The traditional neapolitan pizza meets a Chipotle-style assembly line in which each customer gets to customize their perfect pie before it gets flash baked in just three minutes. Of course, they have some pretty bangin’ house special pies if you’re not in the creative mood, including (drum roll please): spaghetti and meatballs. Yup, you heard it right, spaghetti and meatball pizza. Your childhood fantasy of combining your two favorite carbohydrates just became a reality. Not to mention you can wash that down with any of a number of their craft beers and wines.

Doughocracy Pizza

Photo Courtesy of Doughocracy Pizza + Brews

The Nutella addicts reading this may be chomping at the bit to find out why I also called for their attention. Two words: Nutella Bomb. Basically a nutella and marshmallow calzone baked to perfection and topped with powdered sugar and even more Nutella. Give me a second to wipe the drool off my keyboard before continuing. And fear not devoted St. Louisans – gooey butter cake will also have its own spot on the menu.

The Loop location is one of two new Doughocracy franchises being opened this year (the other is outside of Chicago). Doughocracy’s craft ingredients, authentic neapolitan preparation, and casual feel will be the perfect addition to every WashU student’s arsenal of eats.

Doughocracy Pizza

Photo by Saoirse Hahn

P.S. This is how they serve their salads. Yeah. ON A PIZZA CRUST.