The University of Oregon is a place that has always attracted all types of students. From frat stars and sports enthusiasts to environmentalists and social activists, Eugene has a little something for everyone. Recently, however, hipsters have swept the land and have left a lasting influence on the food scene at the UO. Here is a list of the top 10, inherently hipster, cool trends that you can find and/or create yourself around campus. Click the photo or title of each number for more info!
1. Barcades : Level Up
2. Local Craft Brews: Falling Sky Brewery
3. Anything Kombucha: Kombucha Kocktails
4. Food Carts: Da Nang Food Cart
5. Street Fair Grub: ASUO Street Fair
6. Anything Kale: Kale and Chicken Recipe
7. Anything in Mason Jars: Mason Jar Breakfast Parfait Recipe
8. Fancy Doughnuts: Voodoo Doughnuts
9. Indie Coffee Houses: Victrola Coffee Roasters
10. Alcoholic things that aren’t drinks: Alcoholic Popsicles
Bottom line is it’s never been easier to eat your way through trends. This list of Eugenian and general recipes and restaurants can be your guide to living the lifestyle. Now, slap on a beanie and some skinny jeans and try some of these out to channel your inner hipster.