It took me until the age of 20 to start appreciating the wonder that is coffee. And while I regret the time I’ve missed out on such an amazing drink, I couldn’t be more fortunate to be on a campus where an Espresso Royale is at just about every turn.

Espresso Royale is a campus favorite not just because of the great coffee or the option to order a 32 oz. drink, but because the unique environment at each of these locations. Espresso Royale is a great place to do homework, have a meeting with a small group or just hang out. Each one on campus is different, but still worth visiting. 

Urbana Location

coffee
Sarah Spiro

This Espresso Royale has to be the coziest location of them all. Unknown to many (or at least me until very recently), this location has a comfy upper loft that isn’t typical and can serve as a secret hideaway for when you really need to buckle down on that work you’ve been putting off.

There's even science to prove why studying in a coffee shop is better than the library.

This location is open from 7 a.m. to midnight everyday. 

Krannert Art Museum Location

coffee, tea, beer
Rachel Tison

This is one of the most underrated Espresso Royale locations on campus. I wouldn’t have even known about it if it weren’t for that time I got lost and went to the wrong building during my freshman year. But I’m glad that happened because this Espresso is super chill.

It’s located right next to the Krannert Art Museum and the Art and Design Building, so it’s the perfect place to get your creative juices flowing in addition to an iced coffee or two.

This location is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Business Instructional Facility (BIF) Location

chicken
Kelsie Travers

BIF is the perfect place to work in a group. And even though there is nothing worse than group projects, having an Espresso Royale so close makes the whole experience a little more bearable.

This location is open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday.

Champaign Location

cake, coffee, tea
Sarah Spiro

A little bit different than the Urbana location's loft, this Espresso has a cool basement. Also, since it’s in such a great spot (only a block off of the Quad) it’s the perfect place to set up a meeting with a teacher, a casual interview or catch up with friends. Just make sure you're keeping up with the proper coffee shop etiquette.

This location is open 7 a.m. to midnight everyday.

Grainger Library Location

tea, coffee, beer
Sarah Spiro

If you’re at Grainger, chances are you’re doing some serious studying. And since everyone knows that coffee is a magical gift from the gods that we probably don’t deserve, having an Espresso to help you through that studying is a true blessing. 

This location is open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

Undergraduate Library (UGL) Location

wine, coffee, beer
Sarah Spiro

This Espresso Royale is arguably a student-favorite. It is centrally located on campus, inside one of the most popular libraries AND has the latest hours — making it the perfect place to fuel up for that all-nighter you’re about to pull.

This location is open 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. Sunday.

Whether you go for the coffee or the atmosphere, be sure to check out each of these locations and take advantage of all they have to offer.