For all that the Woodruff Library provides, it is not an ideal study spot for those of us who like to snack and chat while preparing for our exams or writing papers. Even though we can get our caffeine fix and a few snacks at Peet’s Coffee & Tea inside the library, I prefer to venture outside of the library to find a more relaxing study spot with much better food.

While some might find the silence of the Matheson Reading Room or the stacks optimal for studying, if you are anything like me, all school work is more tolerable when accompanied by food and a calming atmosphere. Thus, ditching the library can often be the move to benefit both your studying and your stomach.

I’ve scoped out three alternate spots that offer both a study haven and scrumptious snacks.

Highland Bakery

You don’t have to go far to find a study spot other than the library. Head right over to Highland Bakery at Goizueta Business School, where challah, peanut butter, caramelized bananas and brown sugar butter are combined to create their incredible peanut butter French toast.

This local eatery offers twists on many breakfast classics, make-your-own omelets, sandwiches, salads and an unbelievable assortment of baked goods. Also, you don’t have to feel guilty about spending money at this spot, as you can pay for your entire purchase with Dooley Dollars!

Location: 1300 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30322

Hours: Mon-Thurs 7:30am-6:30pm Fri 7:30am-3:30pm Sat-Sun 10am-3pm

study

Photo by Madison Mounty

The Dancing Goats Coffee Bar

With its relaxing atmosphere, large tables and soothing music, Dancing Goats Coffee Bar is an optimal study spot. Dancing Goats is home to one of the best cups of coffee I have had so far in my year and a half in Atlanta.

Also, whatever you do, you have to try one of their scones! Pick the location that’s most convenient for you (there’s one in Decatur and one in Ponce City Market) the next time you need to escape the library.

Locations: 419 W. Ponce De Leon, Decatur, GA 30030; 650 North Ave. NE, Atlanta, GA 30308

Hours: Mon-Fri 6:30am to 7pm Sat-Sun 7am to 7pm; Mon-Fri 6:30am to 6pm Sat-Sun 7am to 6pm

study

Photo by Madison Mounty

Chocolaté Coffee

If you want to get off campus, I highly recommend heading to this artsy café where you can lounge on couches and sip on a delicious frappuccino while studying. With its close driving proximity to campus, Chocolaté Coffee is a great spot for you to venture to when you have a couple of hours between classes.

While all of their drinks are delicious, if you’re looking for a lower calorie drink option and are bored of coffee, order the sugar-free frappe and ask for it to be coffee-based. I promise, you will not regret it.

Location: 2094 N Decatur Rd, Decatur, GA 30033

Hours: Mon-Thurs 7am-9pm Fri 7am-10pm Sat 8:30am-10pm Sun 9am-8pm