Ready or not, V-Day is approaching, and we all stress a little about how to show our loved ones we care. We kind of got away with not worrying about it last year, since FS was so strategically placed on the 14th (thank you, committee), but unfortunately, it is not this year. Aka, this year is infinitely more stressful when trying to plan the perfect day. Here at Spoon, we think the most important part is where you spend it munchin’, and we’ve come up with a guide to help you have a delicious Valentine’s Day (since food is totally the key to your lover’s heart).

In a relationship: Little Italy, Logies Lane

valentine's

Photo courtesy of @ekaterina_zueva

Snuggle up over a romantic candlelight dinner with your significant other at Little Italy. Decorated in deep reds and old-fashioned photographs, nostalgia and romance are definitely in the air. Choose between pasta, pizza, or a variety of salads, and pair it with their delicious wine. Basically, there’s no way you can go wrong (dare we say it’s a foolproof plan?). End the night with dessert or cappuccino, and proceed to move your party somewhere more intimate (wink wink).

New Fling: Iain Burnett Highland Chocolatier, South Street

valentine's

Photo courtesy of @_samueljones on Instagram

Chocolate and V-Day are practically a destined pairing, and don’t we know it. Impress your Valentine and take them to the chocolatier on South Street to pick up some specialty hand-made chocolates, because you’re unique as these truffles. How unique is that? One of a kind. Whether your date fancies chocolate praline or dark chocolate sea salted caramels, they’ll find something to love. It’s not too serious, but it’s a gift that’ll show your new bae you care.

Latest Crush: Luvians Bottle Shop, Market Street

valentine's

Photo courtesy of @emilieeileen on Instagram

Had your eye on someone but are too afraid to say it? We’re going to share with you the perfect opportunity to make your move. Plan a casual dinner or drinks and head over to Luvians. Impress your crush with some wine knowledge (hello, Wine Enthusiast) and pick a nice bottle that’ll lighten the mood. To make things a bit less stressful, Luvians has you covered with staff that is always incredibly helpful in finding exactly what you’re looking for (but you already know what you want, right?).

It’s Complicated: Jannetta’s Gelateria, South Street

valentine's

Photo courtesy of @dulcenayen on Instagram

Sure there are other ice cream places in town, but Janettas has a special home-made feel that makes everyone feel welcome. If you’re sorta dating but sorta not sure, take your sorta bae for a nice ice-cream sundae and relax inside Janettas Gelateria. Alternatively, grab a takeaway icecream and stroll along East Sands for a nice friendly (romantic?) walk. Either of these options is a good choice and might make complicated a little less so.

For Galentines Day: Takeaway

valentine's

Photo courtesy of @sarah_easson on Instagram

Whether you’re single or can’t be bothered with relationships (because you’re strong and independent), takeaway and a movie is the perfect way to celebrate your friendships with all those special people in your life. Whether you order take out from Be Thai or fish and chips from Tailend, put a picnic blanket down on the floor, bring along a nice bottle of wine, and pop in and classic rom-com (we recommend Clueless).

Surrounded by friends, you can remind yourself that this holiday is for everyone and that you love these people almost as much as we love you, St Andrews.

valentine's

Happy Valentine’s Day from all of us at Spoon St Andrews.