If you’re on a college budget but love sampling Austin’s finest food and helping others, then you’re in luck.

Eat Out for Good is a charity event that features over 20 restaurants, food trucks and bars offering exclusive menus from August 3-13. 10% of the proceeds from these sales will go towards a charitable cause.

Odd Duck-Food

Photo submitted by Odd Duck

The 11-day event gives all eateries and bars the option to choose their beneficiary. This flexibility allows each restaurant to choose and donate to an issue they are truly passionate about in addition to the support that they offer to local Austinites. Odd Duck chef Bryce Gilmore decided on The Edible Schoolyard Project, which strives to build and share an edible education curriculum for kindergarten through high school.

Odd Duck-Interior by Jody Horton

Photo by Jody Horton

“We like to think we contribute to the community by keeping our farmers, their family and staff happy by purchasing as much as we can from them. It’s no secret the local ingredients are the best. The added benefit of shaking hands with the person or people who physically cared and grew that vegetable or what have you is a bonus,” Gilmore said. “[But] Eat Out For Good is also giving us a launch pad to create an Edible Schoolyard.”

Participating establishments include Bess Bistro, Finn & Porter, Swift’s Attic, Walton’s Fancy and Staple and many more. Each restaurant and bar will offer special menus eligible for donation for the duration of the event—for example, Max’s Wine Dive will be doing a “Fried Chicken and Champagne” Special with a Fried Chicken Plate with a glass of Prodige for $20. See a full list of participating establishments, menus and charitable causes at http://www.eatoutforgood.com.