Nearly every college brochure will tell you that studying abroad will change your life. It’s true. The interactions you have with new people and new cultures will ultimately alter the way you see the world for the better.

I’ve been in Barcelona for nearly two months now and have just about eaten my way through the city. Pan con tomate, escalivada, patatas bravas, and sangria are a few of my favorite things. Although Spanish cuisine is quite tasty, I’ve often found myself craving good old American comfort food.

Barcelona is an international city. Here you’ll find Chinese, Vietnamese, Turkish, Indian, Italian restaurants and quite a few more. Restaurants with American dishes aren’t too hard to come by. If you’re ever in town and need a taste of home, check these out.

1. Brunch and Cake

Barcelona

Photo courtesy of Sydney Castello

Brunch and Cake serves exactly what you think it would. In addition to having delicious food, it has a number of locations around the city, which means you have no reason to skip brunch on Sunday morning. Try the Eggs Benedict, which comes on a deliciously sweet and crunchy waffle, or order the pulled chicken cronut with Hollandaise sauce. Just remember you’ll have to get there early because the kitchen runs out of them pretty quick.

2. Picnic

Photo Courtesy of Pinterest

This is another great brunch spot that also serves dinner! Their Eggs Benedict rivals that of Brunch and Cake, mostly because the English muffin underneath is out of this world. The interior of the restaurant is beautiful and makes you feel like you’ve stepped into a hip coffee shop in the Big Apple. It’s also right next to the most famous park in Barcelona, Parc de la Ciutadella, so you can walk off all your calories after you’ve finished feasting.

3. La Rosa Negra

Unfortunately, Chipotle has yet to grace Spain with its presence. But if you’re in dire need of Tex-Mex, hit up La Rosa Negra. I highly recommend their enchiladas and nachos. They also have delicious mojitos and margaritas.

4. The George Payne

Photo courtesy of thegeorgepayne.com

This is an Irish Bar if I’ve ever seen one. No one in here speaks Spanish, not even the people that work there. It’s a fun place to watch any sporting event and has all the bar food you could dream of. They also have beer pong tournaments and karaoke during the week. What more could you ask for?

5. Kiosko

Dinner with @lucasoos ?

A photo posted by @itspeeter on

After spending your morning at the Barceloneta beaches, walk just a few minutes to Kiosko for lunch. The burgers are delicious and large enough to hold you over until dinner, which the Spanish typically eat around 9:30 pm or 10 pm. While the prices are a bit higher than what you’d normally find at a burger joint in the States, it’s well worth it.

6. Tomasso

Photo courtesy of tomasso.es

For all you New Yorkers who are very particular about your pizza, don’t settle for the many Dominos you’ll see along the streets of Barcelona. Look no further than Tomasso’s. Their pizza is as authentic as you can get.

7. Green Shots

And for all you Californians who need a cold-pressed juice every 5 minutes, go to Green Shots! Juices and smoothies are not all they have, though. They also have a wide assortment of healthy options, including sandwiches and yogurts.

8. Bar Dow Jones

Photo Courtesy of Pinterest

Brace yourself for the raunchy names assigned to some of the drinks here. Dow Jones is a shot bar, the perfect place to go before hitting the town. But if you hang around all night, you’ll experience the Crash: a rare occasion during which all the prices drop to a record low like the Dow Jones Crash of 1987.

9. DelaCrem

Don’t think I forgot about dessert. For ice cream, you must go to DelaCrem. They have all the classic flavors you might be looking for, but also a number of unique ones like passion fruit. Go here with friends and then sit outside on the terrace and enjoy. They also have coffee and pastries.

If you come to Barcelona, don’t rob yourself of the opportunity to eat authentic Spanish food. There are too many delicious dishes to count. If you need a quick American fix, however, you won’t have any trouble doing so.