Earth Fare is a newly opened supermarket and specialty food shop located at Emory Point. If you haven’t been already, here are a few reasons why you need to go and check it out.

1. All of the products are free of added hormones, antibiotics, high fructose corn syrup and trans-fats

Earth Fare

Photo by Ariella Kuhl

Earth Fare follows a strict food philosophy, so you don’t have to worry about reading nutrition labels.

2. Abundance of organic and seasonal fruits

Earth Fare

Photo by Ariella Kuhl

For Emory students who aren’t satisfied with the occasional bananas and suspicious looking oranges at the DUC (myself included), Earth Fare offers a wide variety of fresh fruits. The locally grown Georgia peaches are a must-try.

3. Perfect place to stock up on healthy dorm snacks

Earth Fare

Photo by Ariella Kuhl

Earth Fare offers every type of healthy granola bar in the game: Kind Bars, Luna BarsLara Bars, you name it.

4. One Word: Sushi Bar

Earth Fare

Photo by Ariella Kuhl

Staples at the sushi bar include Tempura Shrimp and Spicy Crab Roll, Blazing California Roll and Tokyo Fantasy Roll. You can also create your own.

5. You can get a healthy balanced meal

Earth Fare

Photo by Ariella Kuhl

The cooked section includes numerous healthy meal options including Lemon Salmon, Turkey Meatballs, Sesame Asian Kale and Cheese Quesadillas.

6. Everyday Earth Fare offers a special $6 meal deal

Earth Fare

Photo courtesy of earthfare.com

Who doesn’t love a good deal?

7. It’s only a five minute walk away from campus

Earth Fare

Photo by Ariella Kuhl

Definitely worth the walk (or Uber ride). Go check it out.