It's summer now and you know what that means traveling, adventures, and dining. Who could pass up a great meal with beautiful scenery, I know I sure can’t. Scottsdale is home to, what I like to call, a “resort town”. Resorts fill Scottsdale and the best part is I am only a 20-minute drive from all the trendy spots in town. But hey, there are some restaurants with a view located outside of hotels, too, which is great for a little bit of versatility. From birthday dinners to girls night outings, these are the places to go whether you are from Arizona or visiting the hot summer sun.

1. Elements

Elements is located at the Sanctuary resort in Scottsdale and the restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The outside patio overlooks the infinity pool and the beautiful mountains. The indoor seating is perfect too because there are glass windows everywhere so you are still able to see the beautiful mountainous view. Whether you choose a salad, short ribs, or lemon ricotta pancakes, I promise you, you will be satisfied. Make sure to check out their spa too!

2. Roy's

Roy’s is located at the J.W. Marriott Desert Ridge and has the best patio seating and did I mention, happy hour!! Roy’s offers the best hamburger in town for only $9. Thank you happy-hour and thank you, Roy. The burger comes with caramelized onions, truffle mushrooms, a sunny side up egg, togarashi aioli, and fries. I also love the Canoe Appetizer for two which comes with Szechuan ribs, spicy tuna rolls, lobster potstickers, filet yakitori, and chicken satay. I know, sounds like an interesting combo but you are able to try almost the entire happy hour on one plate. I’m down!

3. Isabella's Kitchen

Isabella’s Kitchen is an Italian country bistro located at the Grayhawk Golf Club. The patio is unreal, filled with beautiful colors and amazing decor. The golf course looks out to the beautiful mountains and sunset. I recommend a couple of pizzas, bruschettas, and salads and girls night is set! 

4. Tommy Bahama

If you are looking for more of a people watching kind of dining experience I recommend Tommy Bahama. Tommy Bahama also has a great happy hour too! I love the chicken lollipops, which are pretty much chicken drumsticks in a tangy sauce. Tommy Bahama recently improved to a modern look and I would say it's definitely an upgrade. The ahi tuna tacos are delicious and the wasabi avocado puree is a great added touch.

5. Different Pointe of View

Different Pointe of View is located at the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs. The Elegant American eatery is perfect for a romantic date night. The Lemon EVOO Butter Poached Maine Lobster is succulent. I recommend this dish if you are willing to pay a bit more.

Next time you are in the area, make sure to check out these fine foods!