Only 150 steps away from Wren Hall, The Danish Pastry House has been satisfying sweet teeth since 2004. It’s a great spot to get some work done, catch up with friends, or people watch our Medford neighbors. In addition to their fabulous pastry selection, DPH also makes fresh paninis, crêpes, omelettes, quiches, and creative coffee drinks. Check out my favorites below.

Danish Pastry House

Photo by Kelly Moran

Start out with a hearty “Prosciutto and Fig Panini,” made with thick cut prosciutto, goat cheese, fig jam, arugula, and incredibly fresh bread. The goat cheese perfectly balances the sweetness of the fig jam and the smokiness of the prosciutto for a killer combo.

Danish Pastry House

Photo by Kelly Moran

You can’t leave without trying a real danish pastry! Above is a Fruit tart made with almond crust, pastry cream, kiwis, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. The fruit at DPH is always fresh and crisp for a light, yet satisfying treat. It’s not too big, so you can handle this one on your own.

Danish Pastry House

Photo by Kelly Moran

Good éclairs are hard to find… so consider yourself lucky. The pâte à choux (pastry shells) are made daily, so they’re sturdy enough to hold the filling, but light enough to bite into. Danish and American style éclairs are made with a cream based filling, while French style éclairs are made with an eggy filling. DPH’s cream complements the sweet chocolate ganache coating.

Danish Pastry House

Photo by Kelly Moran

Grab a pop tart to go! #SpoonTip: These travel very well, so bring one home for family and friends.