Valentine’s Day is the one day a year that every girl dreams about being absolutely perfect. Pay attention boys. Flowers, cards, chocolates, and balloons are definitely a requirement. Mistakes are not an option on February 14th and every detail should be planned to perfection.

One of the most quintessential traditions of Valentine’s Day is spending a romantic meal with your significant other. Whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert, sharing a meal with your special someone can be the most memorable part of your day.

Since the beginning of the semester is always a busy time of year, it’s easy to forget about Valentine’s Day and get stuck at some chain restaurant because you couldn’t find a last minute reservation. This year we are going to help you plan ahead of time so you don’t have to worry about picking the perfect place. Here’s a list of the most romantic date spots in Tallahassee.

1. Cascades Park

Tallahassee

Photo courtesy of travelingwiththecooks.com

Strolling around Cascades Park with your loved one can be an extremely memorable experience. Bringing your own homemade picnic or dropping by The Edison for a nice lunch or early dinner would be a great way to show your significant other how much you care about them. Although it may be a bit cooler around this time of year, cozying up together and spending the day outside would be a romantic way to spend your Valentine’s Day together.

2. The Wine Loft

Tallahassee

Photo courtesy of winetallahassee.com

If you’re looking for an exceptionally romantic way to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year, you can’t go wrong with The Wine Loft. Serving a wide array of red and white wine as well as other beer and liquor, taking your date to this restaurant would be an ideal way to spend a quality evening together. In addition to their drink menu, they also offer small plates and dishes including Truffle Tots, Chimichurri Chicken Tacos, and my personal favorite, Baked Brie en Croute.

3. Lucy and Leo’s

Tallahassee

Photo by Robert Wehrli

Whether you take a trip to their Midtown or Uptown location, Lucy and Leo’s would be the perfect date spot on its own or a great place to grab some dessert at the end of your night. Valentine’s Day is all about candy and sweets so sharing a cupcake (or a few) with someone would make for a scrumptious Valentine’s date.

#SpoonTip: Follow Lucy and Leo’s on Instagram to take a peek at some of their amazing cupcake creations.

4. Harry’s Seafood Bar & Grill

Tallahassee

Photo courtesy of tallahasseedowntown.com

I recently went to Harry’s and thought it was the perfect spot for a date night any time of the year. The food was delicious, the prices were reasonable, and the atmosphere was warm and inviting. If New Orleans style food is up your alley, then I highly recommend making a reservation at Harry’s this Valentine’s Day.

5. Level 8 Lounge

Tallahassee

On top of the luxurious Hotel Duval in downtown Tallahassee is the Level 8 Lounge. This lounge stands as the hippest rooftop bar in town. Similar to The Wine Loft, enjoying your Valentine’s Day at Level 8 would offer a very romantic experience. Since Valentine’s Day happens to fall on a Sunday this year, their Social Bites menu will not be available. Fortunately, Shula’s 347 Grill is right downstairs and would be a fantastic dinner spot.

6. The Egg Cafe and Eatery

Tallahassee

Photo courtesy of @spoon_fsu on Instagram

Being that Valentine’s Day is on a Sunday this year, brunch would be one of the best ways that I can think of to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your loved one and The Egg is the perfect place to do it. Serving up extravagant omelets and eggs benedict as well as delicious varieties of pancakes and French toast, this cafe is definitely one of the best places to brunch in Tallahassee.

7. Lofty Pursuits

Tallahassee

Photo courtesy of @tallyummy on Instagram.com

If cupcakes aren’t really your thing and you prefer ice cream, then make Lofty Pursuits your dessert destination on Valentine’s Day. With over 200 flavors that they rotate through there’s something here for everyone. Although ice cream may not be a traditional Valentine’s Day treat, take a chance and try something new this year at the best ice cream parlor in Tallahassee.

8. Jasmine Cafe

Tallahassee

Photo by Robert Wehrli

If sushi is your game, look no further than Jasmine Cafe to host your Valentine’s date night. This hip restaurant in downtown Tallahassee is known to be one of the best sushi places around and will be the perfect place to treat your date to something special this year.