Palazzo Giuseppe is a classy little place that is perfect for nights out and fine dining. It serves up classic Italian dishes like ravioli, lasagna and linguine. Specifically, Palazzo Giuseppe’s flavors are unique to the Pugliese region in Southern Italy.

Italy

Photo courtesy of paradoxplace.com

Spoon University got to sit in at Giuseppe’s to taste one of its most asked about dishes, the Ravioli di Zucca, filled with butternut squash, ricotta, parmesan and sage, sitting in a layer of parmesan cream sauce. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds.

Giuseppe

Photo by Megan Schellong

Spoon University also tasted the French bread appetizer, which blew our taste buds away. Who knew that garlic and olive oil could make such a stellar combination?

After tasting, we had the chance to interview a waiter and got the 4-1-1 on how to conquer a meal at Giuseppe’s.

Ryan, our waiter, first informed us that Giuseppe’s always uses quality ingredients, some of which are grown right here in San Luis Obispo.

Giuseppe

Photo by Lynden Orr

According to Ryan, popular appetizers include the fried shrimp and calamari. He also recommends the Bruschetta Caprese—grilled bread with tomato, mozzerella, basil and olive oil. (If you can’t make it Giuseppe’s to try this Bruschetta, though, don’t worrywe got you.)

Ryan says the dish most asked for is the Ravioli di Zucca, the one featured above that we had the pleasure of trying. However, Ryan’s personal favorite is the Linguine ai Frutti di Mare—the seafood linguine that includes shrimp, mussels, scallops, calamari, clams and the fish of the day.

Giuseppe

Photo courtesy of Faust T. on Yelp

To end the meal, Ryan recommends the bread pudding or mud pie. He also added that the carrot cake, which is always made in-house, is his go-to dessert.

Are you enticed yet? We thought so.

Find Giuseppe’s on 1010 Court Street in the plaza downtown, but keep your eyes open for their new location at 847 Monterey Street later this year.

#Spoontip: Hit the express window if you’re on the run and need a slice of pizza and it just can’t wait (we understand).