¡Salud! Tacos y Beer by the San Diego Taco Company raises the bar in a city that already takes its Mexican food to another level. Located in the historic Barrio Logan, this restaurant has been serving unique combinations of incredible flavors, wowing customers and critics who keep coming back.

Tacos

Photo by Emily Breay

Outside the restaurant, customers are greeted by the captivating smell of grilled taco meat. But what makes these tacos so special? Is it the fresh-pressed corn tortillas? Is it the impeccably fresh ingredients? Is it that most of the tacos are just $2.50? ¡Salud! combines each of these components to serve up quality food that can only be understood once eaten.

Tacos

Photo by Emily Breay

The meat options like Pollo Asado and Al Pastor with grilled pork bring together mouthwatering flavors and have just the right amount of spice.

Tacos

Photo by Emily Breay

But just look at those fresh-cut veggies. The veggie taco combines a unique Soyrizo and potato base topped with enormous bell peppers, onions, and avocado.

Tacos

Photo by Emily Breay

¡Salud! sets the bar even higher with their breakfast taco, however. Chorizo, bacon, sharp cheddar, and avocado sit atop an over-easy egg. This option shatters expectations for anyone skeptical about an egg on a taco.

Tacos

Photo by Emily Breay

But you’d be missing out at ¡Salud! if you only ordered tacos. Their dessert options — like the spicy and delectable churros with ice cream — should not be passed up when you visit.

Tacos

Photo by Emily Breay

Saying the food at ¡Salud! is the best is not hyping it up. The guac alone takes you to another world, and the tacos will astound your senses. Come to the Barrio Logan and see for yourself why everyone leaves ¡Salud! speechless.