Are you looking for a cele-beer-tion? Look no further than AMB’s Big Kahuna High Country Boil on April 23rd from Noon-7PM on a Saturday with uncharacteristically beautiful weather and fresh seafood.

Appalachian Mountain Brewery is hosting a food/beer pairing that will make us feel like we are on the sandy coast of our beautiful state. Approximately 10% of proceeds are being donated to Habitat for Humanity because it wouldn’t be an AMB event without philanthropy.

Coast to Peak

Seafood

In honor of the local scene, AMB is bringing in fresh Carolina and Virginia seafood to give us mountain folk a taste of that salty ocean we all miss during the frigid winter months. With the sun coming out, the water warming up, and the beer as good as it’s always been, North Carolina’s Beer Month is in full swing. April, NC’s Beer Month, is full of beer fests, brewery hopping, and all those other snazzy events breweries are cooking up all over the state

#SpoonTip: Check here for NC Beer Month events near you.

The Shindig of the Year

Seafood

Photo courtesy of sheknows.com

AMB will be selling first-come, first-serve tickets for the event at Appalachian Mountain Brewery. The tickets will allow you the following: $10 for one heaping plate of seafood and sides, or $15 for an all-you-can-eat seafood-a-ganza.

There will be multiple stations of seafood including shrimp, crab, crawdads, and more imported from the North Carolina and Virginia coast. There will also be an entire smoked pig provided by Springhouse Farms with beer-infused barbeque sauces. In the land of the great barbeque divide, there will be eastern and western style available to prepare for the battle of the sauces.

In addition to the main attractions of seafood and pork, there will also be smoked bratwursts, IPA potato salad, and Black and Gold baked beans infused with their namesakes. There will be beer stations with the fan favorites: Spoaty Oaty, Long Leaf, Black and Gold, and Boone Creek. You must be at least 21 to indulge in the fermented goodness but the food is for all. There will be live music, a cornhole tournament, and posters for the best food/beer pairings available.

Come celebrate North Carolina’s Beer Month with seafood, pork, and beer to satisfy your coastal cravings and giving to a good cause through your local brewery. Contact Appalachian Mountain Brewery for more information:(828) 263-1111