Does your group of friends argue over which bar to go to for happy hour? Well we asked 103 University of Maryland students their opinions on the various College Park happy hour choices. Here are the results and a breakdown of the deals offered in CP to help you make a more informed decision for your next happy hour trip.

Terrapin’s Turf

happy hour

Photo by Hannah Kim

Terrapin’s Turf, commonly referred to as just “Turf,” was the most popular among the students polled, getting 51 percent of the votes. Some chose Turf for the drinks and others chose Turf because it is so popular.

“Turf is [my favorite] because that’s where most of the people I know go,” Jack said.

Turf serves its happy hour deals on Fridays from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m., commonly known as “Fishbowl Fridays,” offering discounted fishbowl cocktails and $5 appetizers.

“I go to Turf for the yummy drinks,” Kayla said.

While seating can be a bit of an issue at Turf, if you’re looking to drink your beverages out of a fun container, Turf is the place to go.

Looney’s Pub

happy hour

Photo courtesy of theodysseyonline.com

Looney’s Pub came in second, with 18 percent of the votes.

“Looney’s has much better food and has a good happy hour all week, while Turf is pretty much only good on Friday,” Patrick said.

Looney’s offers happy hour drink deals Sunday through Friday in addition to discounts on various food items. On Sunday, Looney’s offers happy hour drinks from 10 p.m. to close.

On Mondays the pub offers happy hour drinks all day and happy hour food deals from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. — and again from 10 p.m. to close for students, with discounts on chicken tenders, mozzarella moons and fried pickles, plus a wings and pitcher special for $14.99. Looney’s has a $17.99 “Yueng & Wings” special with a dozen wings and a pitcher of Yuengling from 7 p.m. to close that students and nonstudents can enjoy.

Looney’s has happy hour every weekday from 2 pm to 7 pm, plus different food deals depending on the day. Tuesdays offer burger specials, Wednesdays there are deals on chicken and crab cake sandwiches, and on Thursdays, go to Looney’s for a cheesesteak special.

Colleen had two words in support of Looney’s: “crab dip.”

Cornerstone Grill & Loft

happy hour

Photo by Hannah Kim

Cornerstone Grill & Loft, known as “Cornerstone” or sometimes “C-stone,” came in third place with 15 percent of the votes.

“It’s not super expensive and the food is amazing compared to the rest,” Emily said.

Cornerstone offers happy hour on Fridays starting at 4 p.m. Its deals include $2 rails and domestic drafts, and $4 Vodka Red Bulls. C-stone also offers $5 appetizers including wings, spinach and artichoke dip, jalapeño poppers, classic burgers, Cajun chicken, and chicken and cheese.

“I got to C-stone because they have $2 drinks, and the $5 chicken cheesesteak with fries is the bomb,” Maya said.

At Cornerstone, it is easier to find a seat with two levels of the bar open. There is also outside seating available.

R.J. Bentley’s

happy hour

Photo by Hannah Kim

R.J. Bentley’s, commonly referred to as “Bents,” came in fourth place with support from 8 percent of the students polled.

Bents offers happy hour deals from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fridays. Its deals include $2.50 Bud Light and Budweiser Drafts and half-priced appetizers, excluding those containing seafood.

Bents also has more seating and an outside patio area. Most students reported that they went to Bents because that’s where their friends went most.

Applebee’s

happy hour

Photo by Hannah Kim

While Applebee’s is not a traditional bar, it is a restaurant that offers happy hour specials and is a short walk down Route 1. Five percent of the students voted in favor of Applebee’s.

Sunday through Saturday, Applebee’s has specials offered from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. in addition to a late-night happy hour from 9 p.m. to midnight.

At Applebee’s you can get deals on select appetizers and drinks.

You can get tall domestic taps starting at $3.25, margaritas and Long Island Iced Teas for $4, and wine and well drinks for $3.50. Mozzarella sticks, spinach and artichoke dip, cheese quesadillas, boneless wings, crunchy onion rings and more are half-priced during happy hour.

“I go to Applebee’s because half-off apps, no line and gigantic drinks,” said Maya.

Backyard Sports Grill

happy hour

Photo by Hannah Kim

Backyard Sports Grill, formerly Big Play, came in last place with 3 percent of the votes.

Backyard Sports Grill offers happy hour deals daily from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. In addition to regular happy hour deals, it has “$2 Tuesdays” with $2 food and drink specials, “$3 Thursdays” with $3 Fireball, drink and food specials, according to its website. Backyard Sports Grill also offers 50-cent wings from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Jake said he chose Backyard Sport Grill for its low costs. “They have 50-cent wings, $2 rails and Natty Boh drafts on Tuesdays,” he said.

Backyard Sports Grill is located on the corner of Route 1 and Hartwick Road.

Note: Last names were omitted at the discretion of the editor.