Raleigh, one of the most underrated food cities on the east coast, is now home to an elegant rooftop bar that's dishing out unique Spanish-style tapas. The modern and open space features a medley of indoor and outdoor bar seating, small dining tables and plush couches, making for a lively and diverse scene. Visiting at 6 p.m., we shared the packed rooftop with young professionals sipping spirits after work.

wine
Cara Hutto

The bar appeals to all five of your senses. You'll catch a stunning view of the buildings in North Hills if you go around sunset. The smell of candles and a hard-working kitchen make for an unforgettable aroma. Spanish wine and hand-crafted cocktails will surely make your taste buds dance. Finally, the sound of vibrant chatter and smooth jazz top off a memorable night. 

beer
Cara Hutto

The delightful and attentive staff led my party to settle on seven different tapas small-plates. Our final decision amounted to: prosciutto, white bean & thyme toast, crispy sea salt potatoes with smoked paprika aioli, simple greens with artichoke & parmesan, grilled salmon with arugula, olive & green beans, antipasto salad, morel & fava bean risotto and roasted salmon with a spiced lentil stew. A well-rounded and mouth-watering peek into Spanish cuisine

beef, soup
Cara Hutto

Every single dish was exquisitely prepared; we were tempted to order more, but spared our satisfied stomachs. The outstanding prosciutto, white bean & thyme toast was topped with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and perfected the right blend of textures. The grilled salmon was cooked to perfection and was complemented by the spiced lentils bursting with flavor. Overall, the sea salt potatoes were a home-run and the crowd favorite, winning us over with the crispy exterior and creamy aioli.

balsamic, sandwich
Cara Hutto

Judging by this meal, Level 7 is your next culinary destination, whether it be for drinks after work, a classy first date or a tapas-filled night out with your friends. No matter the occasion, you're in for a palatable treat in an exciting environment.