Brunch/Lunch

This is for the late risers; the ones that woke up late from a late night out or simply just needed those extra few hours of sleep. Don't fret about missing all that delicious breakfast fare; we've got your back. Welcome to the second edition of the Chicago Restaurants Bucket List! The following list consists of Chicago Brunch & Lunch Restaurants that are iconic stops, if not for the food, then absolutely for those Instagram worthy pictures. 

3 Arts Café at Restoration Hardware:

This rustic and classy bohemian style spot is ideal for catching up with a big or small group of family members or friends. It's an escape from the city buildings to where trees loom over you and sunshine illuminates everything in sight. So just sit back in your couch chairs and enjoy your drinks, food, and the great company.

The Hampton Social:

This breezy beach-themed restaurant serves cocktails in a stylish maritime surroundings. Be transported to seaside and hangout with your loved ones while being served seafood. What more could one want?

Mahalo:

"Mahalo" is the Hawaiian word for being thankful for the way of living, and with vibes that this place gives off, you will  definitely be thankful you stopped and ate at this place. The Hawaiian theme can be embraced from the propped up surfboards, cocktails served in pineapples, and patio as well as deck seating. Anyone feeling like being a Hawaiian royalty for a day??

Summer House Santa Monica:

Bask in some California-esque sunshine surrounded by beach house decor under a retractable glass ceiling. With an open wood fire grill, coffee and espresso drinks, fresh-baked pastries, cookies, and English muffins, this place serves a variety of dishes you definitely don't want to miss out on.

Umami/25 Degrees/Busy Burger:

These three burger places serve up massive half-pound burgers, leaving your mouth watering and your stomach stuffed. Each burger is topped with unique mixture of ingredients that make them unlike any others out there. You can never go wrong with any burger at Umami. As for the other two spots, I highly recommend the stuffed burger from Busy Burger and the Number One burger from 25 Degrees with the Nutty Bourbon spiked shake (pictured directly above). These burger joints are ideal for simple meals served in beautifully furnished settings unique to their own themes.

Portillo's:

This is a classic Chicagoland chain that has out-of state college kids running back for more. Their famous menu items include - but are not limited to - cheese fries, chocolate cake, hot dog sandwiches, hamburgers, Italian beef sandwiches (or sammiches), chocolate and vanilla shakes, salads, and pastas. My to go to items involve the chocolate shake, cheese fries, and any of their Italian styled pasta dishes. Not to mention, each Portillo's restaurant displays a different take on a retro theme with era-appropriate music as a finishing touch.

Once you try any of these Chicago Brunch & Lunch Restaurants go ahead and feel free to let us know how it went and what you tried by posting on our social media pages. We can't wait for you to get a little taste of the brunch and lunch fare Chi-town has to offer!