It’s officially spring in the District and us locals all just let out a huge sigh of relief. If you live in DC, you’re probably looking forward to the warmer weather, patio brunch seating and of course the cherry blossoms. Now there’s something else to look forward to: cherry blossom cocktails.

Countless restaurants around the District have been concocting some seriously enticing drinks for this year’s Cherry Blossom Festival. What better way to celebrate than with a fruity and refreshing cocktail?

1. The Cherry Blossom

cherry blossom

Photo courtesy of www.drinkinginamerica.com/

Don’t let the traditional name fool you because there is nothing traditional about this cocktail. The Cherry Blossom is a flavorful concoction of cognac, sour cherry infused curaçao, fresh lemon, cherry herring and garnished with infused sour cherries.

Trying to stay true to the festival’s theme? Sip on The Cherry Blossom at both Café Bonaparte and Malmaison for $12.

2. The Cherry Graham

cherry blossom

Photo courtesy of chow.com

This drink is the adult version of a Shirley Temple, except I guarantee that it tastes a lot better than the original. The Cherry Graham is made with Captain Morgan white rum, maraschino liquor, lemon juice, hibiscus syrup, brandied cherries and garnished with a fresh cherry.

If you’re feeling rather sophisticated the next time you go for drinks, I suggest trying the Cherry Graham at the Graham Hotel Georgetown for $7.

3. Spanish Garden Cocktail

cherry blossom

Photo courtesy of bevmothirstytimes.com

If you want to sip on a drink that quite literally tastes like spring, the Spanish Garden Cocktail is the drink of choice. This cocktail is made with gin, chrysanthemum syrup, orange jam, lemon juice and green chartreuse. If chrysanthemum syrup doesn’t say spring to you, I don’t know what will.

Try this sweet cocktail at Jaleo for $12.

4. Cherry Blossom Sparkle

cherry blossom

Photo by Sanji Li

If you’re in the mood for a pimped out mimosa, you have to try the Cherry Blossom Sparkle. This unique drink is made with Plymouth Sloe gin, house-made blossom orgeat, champagne and garnished with infused sour cherries.

Now picture yourself at brunch with an order of creamy eggs benedict and a big champagne glass filled to the brim with Cherry Blossom Sparkle.

This cocktail is being served at both Café Bonaparte and Malmaison for $12.

5. Aroma Therapy

cherry blossom

Photo by Sean Telborne

Designed in the culinary cocktail lab, Barmini, you know this drink just has to be a perfectly crafted springtime drink. The Aroma Therapy is made with gin, lemon, vermouth blanc, lavender and soda. If you’re not a big fan of cherries but still want to stay true to the spring theme, Aroma Therapy will do the trick.

This drink is being served at Barmini for $12.

It’s safe to say that this year’s Cherry Blossom Festival just got a lot more exciting with the reveal of these drinks. Next time you’re downtown on a warm spring evening, be sure to sip on one of these springtime concoctions before the festival ends.

For more springtime drink inspiration, check out these reads: