If you're looking for a quick bite before you hit the pier or a cool down after your day at the beach, The Rockefeller in Hermosa Beach is the perfect spot for a cold beer and truffle mac n cheese. Cheers with brews and small bites at Hermosa beach for the LA experience of dining alongside the beach breeze. 

With beautiful people (and dogs) strolling by, you can enjoy a variety of appetizers and beers on a day that will most likely be sunny and 75. 

Beer

stout, lager, ale, beer
Anna Roccucci

With over 20 beers on tap, the choices are endless and will please an IPA connoisseur to the pale ale lover. I ordered a Hangar 24 Flying Betty, and it was perfectly refreshing and paired beautifully with the appetizers. They also have eight different beers available by the bottle. If you're not a beer fan, they have a huge wine list and also have sangria on Mondays. 

#SpoonTip: The Rockefeller offers bottomless mimosas on Friday, Saturday and Sunday - $16 for an hour and a half. 

Seared Ahi Tostadas

sushi, avocado
Anna Roccucci

Ahi Tuna is seared to absolute perfection and sits on top of heaps of creamy guacamole (and they don't even charge extra). The spice crusted on the outside of the tuna is balanced by the avocado and reinforced by the wasabi crema and Siracha on top. The crispy tostadas add the perfect crunch between the soft tuna and guac without weighing you down before a trip to the shore. 

Truffle Mac n Cheese

tortellini, cheese, gnocchi
Anna Roccucci

This was one of the best truffle mac n cheeses I have ever had. The huge shells hold so much of the cheesy, creamy goodness made with taleggio, jack and parmesan cheese which is unique compared to most cheddar based dishes. If the perfectly al dente shells that impressed my Italian father weren't enough, there are huge pieces of bacon and bread crumbs throughout the dish. I recommend this as refuel after a day under the sun. 

Lobster Stuffed Avocado

chicken, salad, arugula
Anna Roccucci

That's right - lobster stuffed avo - what more could you want? This dish is entirely satisfying and will get you ready for the waves. The warm lobster is tucked into the avocado under seasoned bread crumbs creating depths of texture and flavor ready for your spoon to dig in. The stuffed avocado is served over lightly dressed mixed greens and perfectly toasted crustini to top with all the meaty lobster. 

The Brooklyn

garlic, bread, cheese
Anna Roccucci

While this sub is on the menu as an entrée, it can be split amongst three or four as a heavy appetizer. Underneath a blanket of melty, gooey fontina cheese are huge hand-crafted meatballs. The meatballs are tender and juicy with a tomato sauce that is cooked with basil that create such simplistic yet beautiful flavor that cuts the heaviness of the cheese blanket. The basil aioli on top is killer and could honestly be bought and sold - I would definitely buy.

With all these components held together in a perfectly toasted french roll, grab some friends and attack this huge sandwich next time you head to Hermosa. No need to worry if you can't make it to Hermosa, The Rockefeller also has a location in Manhattan Beach where you can cheers with brews and small bites under the same Los Angeles sun.