Bread & Company has always been a staple restaurant for hungry and hungover Vandy students alike. Whether it’s during the week for a quick lunch or post-tailgate for a meal you won’t remember, Bread & Company is a dependable and delicious dining option. And, most importantly, it’s on the card.

Recently, though, Bread & Company underwent drastic renovations not only to their restaurant but also to their menu. Prior to these changes, the men was sub-par at best. The options were fine, but boring. But now, Bread & Company’s new and improved menu kills it. Read on to see what we mean.

Pesto Chicken Quinoa Power Bowl

Bread & Company

Photo by Bethany Hecht

Bowls are having a food moment and this menu item is no exception. It really is powerful, as the name suggests. The combination of basil pesto and various fresh herbs makes the quinoa, which can sometimes be a bland grain, super flavorful. Plus the chicken gives you the protein necessary to power through a day of homework.

Superfood Kale Salad

Bread & Company

Photo by Abbey Fernandez

A kale salad on the card? Yep, you read that right. No need to order in Tavern or Burger Up’s signature kale salads when you can find one right at Bread & Company. It comes with maple-roasted carrots, dried cranberries, slivered almonds, chicken, and a touch of Parmesan, making it a superfood selection.

Vandy Toast

Bread & Company

Photo by Abbey Fernandez

The “Vandy Toast” at Bread and Company puts “The Bachelor” from Fido to shame. It consists of almond butter and honey smeared over thick cut whole-grain artisan toast. Toast is also having a trendy food moment and Bread and Co. finally caught on.

Avocado Toast

Bread & Company

Photo by Rachel Kalichman

Speaking of trendy toast, perhaps the best addition to the new menu is the Avocado Toast. The toast comes with a hearty portion of avocado (see photo) which is a nice change compared to other restaurants that are skimpy with their avocado servings. And while an Instagram of avocado toast may be basic, this one is so photogenic it practically begs to have its photo taken. See tips for mastering the perfect food Instagram

Morning Market Veggie Omelet

Bread & Company

Photo by Clare Beatty

The Omelet variety at Bread & Company used to be subpar at best. But now, not only is breakfast served all day– Omelet for dinner anyone?– but the ingredient selection is infinitely better. Like the “morning market veggie omelet” that comes with a variety of roasted veggies, goat cheese and fresh herbs. That ain’t your typical comelet, that’s for sure.

BLT Benedict

Bread & Company

Photo by Abbey Fernandez

If omelets aren’t your favorite there are plenty of other egg delicacies to choose from. For example, the BLT Benedict that comes with poached eggs on perfectly toasted ciabatta with, you guessed it, bacon, tomatoes and arugula. But wait, there’s more! It even comes with avocado, FTW. Bread & Company used to be like your favorite pair of jeans– comfortable and reliable. But the new and improved menu puts it on the map now in Nashville’s trendy food scene. And did we mention it’s on the card? Go get your Avocado Toast on and never apologize for being basic.