While some people think the day after Thanksgiving is the only day to enjoy the sacred leftovers, Capriotti's Sandwich Shop has us covered with a "Bobbie" the other 364 days of the year. Even with summer on the horizon, we can enjoy the flavors that encompass holiday cheer and satisfaction. 

This sandwich has come a long way from its Delaware roots, giving us a reason to pay special attention to how the Bobbie manages to stand out from any competition. 

The Fixin's

cream, jam, chocolate, bread, dairy product, pastry, cake, sweet
Colleen Kilburn

Picture your typical American Thanksgiving meal: table extensions holding up the golden turkey, a big bowl of creamy mashed potatoes, mom's stuffing and can-shaped cranberry sauce.

Now put all of that into a fresh bun. The only difference is adding some mayo, an essential to revamp the turkey as if it were really a day old, and removing the relatives shouting as you chow down. 

The Bobbie is a meal in it of itself, but salt-and-vinegar chips are a solid side piece. The only thing missing is a pumpkin pie milkshake, but the Bobbie stuffs you like the real big day anyway.  

Why It Works

jam, cheese, sweet, dairy product, bread
Colleen Kilburn

A Bobbie is something most people can make at home, yet Capriotti's has found a perfect balance of turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and mayo to make anyone happy.

The stuffing is delicately seasoned and the turkey is carved to fit each bite. There is no sense of over production or any lack of freshness. It's the true quality that the creators were striving for.

While my dad is the only one to touch the cranberry sauce on our family's dinner table, I even find the cranberry sauce to be an essential part of the Bobbie. If you're still not convinced, just know that this is an award winning sandwich. 

Your Next Step

Step away from your Wawa hoagie to make room for a true representation of not just an American holiday but every foodie's favorite day. You might even catch Joe Biden making a Bobbie run

In true fashion of the first state, this sandwich chain started in Delaware and now you can find the Bobbie as far away as Las Vegas. Get it not just anytime but anywhere. Once you inhale it in just a few bites, don't be said that it's gone, but thankful that there are endless more to be eaten.