Situated in a strip mall of Queens' own Jackson Heights and Long Island City neighborhoods. Cannelle Patisserie is one of Queens hidden food gems. This French bakery in Queens is known by locals for being consistent, affordable, and exquisite. Even travel experts like Andreas Leuzinger refer to Cannelle Patisserie as "a top-notch bakery in the area."

Like that quiet kid in middle school who had a secret talent, Cannelle's bakes the most scrumptious desserts that have even been honored by the New York Times. Compared to other French bakeries like Maison Kayser, Cannelle's sells the goods at a very affordable price.

Welcome to Cannelle Patisserie!

Created by pastry chef Jean Claude Perennou and Gnanasampanthan Sabaratnam.  Jean Claude Perennou served as the Executive Pastry chef at Waldorf Astoria for nearly a decade. Mr. Perennou and Mr. Sabaratnam met in 1996 as co-workers at the Walforf Astoria; Mr. Perrenou was an Executive Pastry Chef while Mr. Sabaratnam was a sous-chef. Since it's opening in 2007, this French bakery in Queens has captured the heart of locals.

Cannelle's Patisserie not only creates scrumptious treats but also provides delicacies limited to their season (i.e. fall). Peach Tarts, Pecan Pie, and Apple Pies will keep you coming back all fall long while the Cherry-Pistachio will fill you with holiday joy all December long! This French bakery makes all of their desserts from scratch on a daily basis, no day-old pastries here!

As a Queens local, I've been a regular at Cannelle French Bakery since its opening. That's enough time to have tried everything on the menu, but here are my all-time faves!

Chocolate Croissant

Cannelle's chocolate croissant is less dense in filling than others, but this lends a perfect balance between sweet and savory. It has a perfect balance, it is both light and fluffy with a delicious dark chocolate filling.

Espresso 31

A creation unique to Cannelle, the Espresso 31 cake caters to chocolate lovers as a mocha cake. The Espresso 31 cake is a combination of chocolate mousse, chocolate brownie, with a dense espresso flavored creme brulee. This treat is dusted off with cocoa powder.

Strawberry Shortcake

The Strawberry Shortcake is a rich layered cake consisting of vanilla cake and strawberries. The entire cake is filled and decorated with strawberries, both the cream filling as well as the cake are fluffy and light. Do keep in mind that this is a seasonal cake but it is sure to melt in your mouth!

Macarons

They're the quintessential French cookie after all — so you can't call your bakery French if you don't sell macarons! Each of these decadent treats is pipped by hand, there are no macaron machines here.

Chocolate Mousse 

The Chocolate Mouse is decadent and moist in taste while being rich and soft in texture. Contains a mousse filling and a ganache topping. If you are purchasing the chocolate mousse as a celebration cake, your guests are bound to love it just make sure you keep the cake refrigerated!

Coco Fraíse

This light yet sweet dessert is a combination of strawberry, sugar cookie (inner texture), mousse (filling). The coco fraise is also deliciously creamy with a perfect balance of sweetness. Not a fan of coconut? There's nothing to worry about the coconut flavoring is minimal, almost non-existent.

Paris Brest

Resembling a classic donut dusted with sugar and toasted almonds; the Paris Brest is split into two pieces, with hazelnut creme holding everything together. According to New York Serious Eats Cannelle's Paris Brest "there's nothing new or fancy here, just tradition."

Want to learn about the art of pastry making? Click Here

Is your mouth watering yet?

So take a trip to Jackson Heights or Long Island City, pick your pastry, and give this French Bakery in Queens some love! Bon Appetit!

P.S. They custom made cakes are also available and perfect for any occasion!