Nestled in the heart of NoLita, just a short walk from campus, lies Habana To Go, sister outpost of Cafe Habana directly next door. Don’t let the cute, tree-lined Elizabeth Street fool you—Habana’s Cuban style cuisine is famed for its unique selection of burritos, tortas, and imported Mexican sodas that will satisfy any craving.

Stop in to grab their specialty grilled corn Mexican style to-go or pair it with any of their burritos, tortas, or burgers and take a seat at the windowsill to watch the cool NoLita crowd walk by. Habana is also known for its celebrity regulars, including Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert DeNiro.

Cafe Habana

Photo by Travis Tan

The signature “Sloppy Jose” — spicy barbecue pulled pork, black beans, lettuce, tomato, jalapeños and spicy chipotle mayonnaise — can be served in either a torta or a burrito.

For those who don’t eat meat, the grilled portobello and goat cheese is a favorite even for non-vegetarians. The marinated portobello mushrooms and herbed goat cheese compliment each other well and are extremely satisfying.

Cafe Habana

Photo by Travis Tan

With its many standout dishes, tackling the Habana menu may take multiple visits (which we’re sure you’ll find yourself doing anyways).

average

Location: 229 Elizabeth Street (at Prince)
Hours of Operation: Daily 11am to 11pm