When Saturday morning rolls around, the last thing you crave is another bowl of Raisin Bran.

After a long week of classes and a Fireball-filled Friday night, an indulgent (and perhaps boozy) brunch is just what the doctor ordered. Be it a slow start to your darty plans or a necessary reboot before hitting the books on Sunday, there’s nothing quite like sharing a midday meal with friends.

Though Santa Clara has its classic go-to’s like Bills Café and Sara’s Kitchen, those with a set of wheels and a curious palate needn’t travel much further to find Bumble, a charming spot in Los Altos known amongst locals for an unbeatable brunch.

brunch

Photo by Marie Salcido

Upon first entering through its white picket fence, Bumble’s family-friendly approach is evident—they even have a sandbox out front for the little ones. But don’t let the playground vibe fool you, this café is just as much a retreat for big kids, with its delectable offerings and full-bar availability.

Also serving lunch and dinner, the homey, farm-to-fork restaurant specializes in healthy spins on breakfast classics, using seasonal ingredients and fresh produce that deliver with a bang.

The menu changes season-to-season, and this winter you’ll find favorites like “The Forest” breakfast sandwich ($12), made with gruyere and avocado aioli, or the corned beef hash with poached eggs and crème fraiche ($14).

For a sweeter option, try the vanilla bean crêpes complete with quince and apple compote and mascarpone cream ($12). A pomegranate mimosa and house-made scone will cost you $11.50 more, but you’ll leave buzzing with satisfaction.

brunch

Photo by Marie Salcido

average

Address:145 First Street, Los Altos, CA 94022
Hours: Open daily, 8 am-8 pm.

Read up on the magic of brunch with these related articles: