Montreal restaurants never cease to amaze with their charm, and Bouillon Bilk is known to be one of Montreal’s best. Located on St. Laurent, this French gem may be found sandwiched between two electronic stores, but the appeal doesn’t stop there. 

Once inside, a warm and comforting atmosphere greets you, and the staff is attentive, helpful, and quick.

#SpoonTip: Make a reservation ahead of time

bouillon bilk

Photo courtesy of Marie-Hélène Boisvert (SAQ Cellier)

On to the important things—the food. Our dinner consisted of three parts…

Appetizers

I opted for two appetizers rather than one entrée because the menu was so intriguing.

The first dish I had was the hamachi. It was an absolutely beautiful and delicate dish with the amberjack served sashimi style. It was aesthetically pleasing, and arranged beautifully with all of the flavors coming together. The hint of sour from the grapefruit gave a unique and delicious taste. Look at those cute heart-shaped garnishes!

bouillon bilk

Photo by Eleanor Wong

The other appetizer we ordered was the lobster. It had a nice sauce that resembled something between butter chicken and ketchup but BETTER. Mmmmmm….

bouillon bilk

Photo by Eleanor Wong

Entrées

Have a peek at this scallop dish, equally well prepared (no fishy seafood taste guaranteed) and it actually made me like scallops (which aren’t usually my thing).

bouillon bilk

Photo by Eleanor Wong

We tried another entrée as well that night but I’m gonna leave the details of that for you to discover yourself (or you can read the complete story).

Desserts

Our last course composed of three items:

The chocolate crème prise, a luxurious French mousse-like dish, was a very rich plate with a bitter cocoa sauce and lots of crunchy nuts.

bouillon bilk

Photo by Eleanor Wong

Next, the lemon génoise which was a stepped-up lemon cake with fruit and ice cream garnishments.

bouillon bilk

Photo by Eleanor Wong

And my personal recommendation…

The upside down peach cake. The passion fruit ice cream is unlike anything I’ve eaten before and I had to resist the urge to take more since we were all sharing (best part about eating out in groups)!

bouillon bilk

Photo by Eleanor Wong

Bouillon Bilk has been one the best dining experiences I have had and is my favourite restaurant in Montreal. There are many places that offer multiple services in one sitting but Bouillon Bilk definitely remains a memorable experience. The French cuisine is presented in a simple fashion with intricate flavors that make me savor each and every bite.

Don’t believe me? Check out their menu, everything seems simple but already from the photos, I bet you can’t wait to see the food for yourself! What are you waiting for? Go and experience this French foodie outing at least once in your life!