Beside Bloomingdale’s “Friends & Family” sales, Forty Carrots frozen yogurt is just about the best poorly-kept secret that has ever occurred at the Chestnut Hill Mall in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts. Forty Carrots is a small café directly stemming off of the department store’s MAC cosmetics section on the first floor. Its menu contains extensive options that will surely please both adults and children, not the least of which is its unbelievable froyo selection.

frozen yogurt

Photo courtesy of wheretogoh.com

Forty Carrots’ frozen yogurt is thick, creamy, low-fat, and world famous. Flavors rotate, but the café often features the likes of plain, chocolate, strawberry, coffee, and peanut butter yogurts, all of which are worth at least a taste-test. As a matter of fact, Bloomingdale’s first introduced frozen yogurt to New York City with the addition of Forty Carrots to its 5th Avenue location.

Toppings, toppings, toppings…

frozen yogurt

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Forty Carrots has all the toppings for its yogurt that you could ever dream of, including those “for the Young at Heart.” This section of the menu features gummy bears, malted milk balls, and oreo crumbles. You’ll also notice that Forty Carrots puts your choice of toppings (which, of course, can be as many as you want) both under AND on top of your yogurt. Because who doesn’t get frustrated when you realize you are half way done with your frozen yogurt and all your toppings are already gone?

Smoothies for days…

frozen yogurt

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Additionally, Forty Carrots uses their frozen yogurt to make the most amazing smoothies you will ever have in your life. I highly recommend the “Raspberry Cloud,” made with plain yogurt, skim milk, raspberries, and honey. Feel free to add veggies to your smoothie, as Forty Carrots has a wide variety of those as well.

WAIT, there’s more…

frozen yogurt

Photo courtesy of foodspotting.com

One major aspect of Bloomingdale’s Forty Carrots that puts this frozen yogurt joint above the rest is that you can actually get a full meal either before or after you eat your dessert. Whether it be a soup or salad, sandwich or quesadilla, you can pretty much get anything at Forty Carrots. Also be sure to check out their super healthy yet super delicious juice selection.

The bottom line…

If you live in or around the Chestnut Hill area, Forty Carrots at Bloomingdale’s is definitely a must-try. Whether you go to shop, eat, or simply be social, this place has it all. And trust me, it’s way better than Pinkberry.